Menu
wyre
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3 questions about emails

First question  is on my mailbox which has my username i am getting loads of spam emails  and today i found something  on one of the virgin pages  that it has been found my mailbox is sending spam out , this box i hardly every use  now  . don't know  why i am getting these mails on there only used now mostly for contacting virgin. Second question  can  my username be changed to  my secondary address. please  , it was  done once before for me when i had some one pestering me all the  time day and night even on landline and moblie . third question is  i have been on a forum send newsletters by emails  for years  now all off a sudden they are coming  marked as spam this is on my secondary  box. Can you give me any  answers to these  please. 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 questions about emails

Hi wyre, 

Thank you for your post. 

I apologise for the delay in response here. Are you able to check your spam filers to see that they are up to date please? In terms of the username that would need to remain the same. To answer your third question, if I am being honest - I'm not sure what the question is? If you could expand. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
wyre
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ryan  

my spam filters are up to date  .still  getting  some spam . like ladies  asking if they could spent time with me. or the are in love with me. never been on any  dating sites or any adult sites.so i do not know how they got my address. the ones i was getting supposed to be from  from various stores seam to have stoped.  The third question  was about a forum on buses which i am interseted in . and get news by email .which i have been a member for years with no trouble of getting  emails. but all of  a sudden the are being marked  as spam.  just wondered if you could tell me why this is  as it is on my friends  list.   I have  had my main account switched before a good few years ago. when i was being perstered by someone. so i know it can be done

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to check this post out and let me know if it helps with part of your query please; https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/How-to-mark-spam-that-s-recognised-as-newsletters/td-p/41...

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
wyre
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

not really

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The 1st question - This should be resolved by running a virus scan and changing the password

The second question - Have you tried updating the email address in the profile section of the online account 

The 3rd question - please see the following link here

Chris

0 Kudos