Menu
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2nd line and IT are useless

Long story short.

1. 8/10/19 lost access to my email in the afternoon after using it in the morning with no problems
2. Changed online account's password and retried, still wrong password.
3. Logged into online account, wrong webmail address on the account, been swapped by a long unused email address.
4. 1st IT ticket is put in, 2nd Line useless agent basically put ticket in with can't access email. Comes back as everything working
5. 2nd IT ticket is put in via an ex UK 2nd line agent, who put in more details about it not longer being tied to an online account so unable to change password, and if they cant fix to set a temporary password. Result, they did nothing and said it was fixed and nothing was done.
6. Spoke to 2nd Line Manager, Saresh I believe his name was, who then changed the login address for the online account, in the hopes IT will make a 2nd account for the email address addy VM lost my access too.
7. Got text today to say its been fixed, guess what... no it hasn't. Nothing has been done.
8. Account holder; technically I am, but name on account was who had the lease to the house at the time, which causes a problem when passing DPA for emails all the time, sent PM to staff on here who no doubt will say "hurr durr contact useless 2nd line"

I swear to god I am at the end of my tether with VM now, how the **bleep** in 2019 can a company not be able to fix something so easily, 3 weeks nearly without important emails cause Indian lines are useless.

So no bills are going to be paid until this is fixed, perhaps that will light an urgency fire under lazy asses and for IT to actually do their job, I take it IT is in India now also. Which would make sense why this has gone on this long.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2nd line and IT are useless

"So no bills are going to be paid until this is fixed"

Bad idea. That will just run up a debt that will get your whole account suspended and maybe canceled and the debt passed to a collector and put on your credit file

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post DABhand and sorry to hear of your trouble accessing the email address in question and your experience with getting this rectified.

I can see that you have private messaged another forum team member but I would like to take a look into this for you myself as I'm curious if it's gone to the best team in regards to the IT tickets that have been sent and marked as fixed but as you say haven't rectified the issue at hand.

I'll pop you over a private message myself for us to go through security on the account so that I can take a look and investigate further for you.

If you could please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Through sheer willpower and using my head, I managed to fix it myself with the help of someone in faults, didn't take long and went step by step into creating a new primary account, which has the correct mailbox associated with it. Over 3 weeks that took.

Absolutely useless.

Majide!
0 Kudos