cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd email address password restting

maccafan
On our wavelength

I changed my log in to a Gmail address so could change my main email ntlworld password, this then worked.

However, if I try this with either of my 2 other ntlworld addresses, put in the same Gmail address then nothing happens as just do not get the email allowing me to change the log in address, is this cos will not accept same Gmail address 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@maccafan Each VM email address will need a different third party email address set as the username email for the account.

If you have several VM email addresses then this will be a complete pain to keep track off.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@maccafan Each VM email address will need a different third party email address set as the username email for the account.

If you have several VM email addresses then this will be a complete pain to keep track off.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

maccafan
On our wavelength

Thanks Graham, did wonder so thanks, I do have a 2nd Gmail address dont use so can use that for one of the 2.

Marcus

maccafan
On our wavelength

when tried the 2nd Gmail address I never received an email either when trying to change one of the other log in details, not changed password as result 

Hi @maccafan, thank you for your posts.

Do you require any further assistance in relation to this matter?

Please let us know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support @Graham_A 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Think so yes as not able to change pw on one of 2ndry email that think would like to, any help appreciated

I'll send you a PM @maccafan 

Thanks.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

maccafan
On our wavelength

cheers

Hi @maccafan 

If you can reply to my PM, I'll be able to help 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

maccafan
On our wavelength

not had any message