Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

2 email privacy

How do I make my secondary email addresses available to my friend to see and use, but keep my main address private.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 email privacy

what do you mean. unless you tell people the address they will not know it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

email privacy

I am the chairman and I want the secretary to just read and answer incoming emails on the secondary address and not see my personal ones on my primary address. I want access to both

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: email privacy

chairman od what. you couldn't be using the virgin media for anything business related. use your business email for that

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Provided that the other person only knows the secondary email address and the password is different to the primary account password, then they will only be able to see the secondary account.

They would be able to change the password, but you would receive a notification to that effect and could overide the password change.

You retain full control of the secondary account and will be able to see all emails received by the account.  You will also be able to read all sent email, provided the other person uses webmail or an email client connected via IMAP.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This just a non profit making local history society. and I have just learned that both email addresses can be opened by simply entering the secondary address password

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can assure you that the other person only knows the secondary email address and the password is different to the primary account password, but the other person can see both. I cannot find a setting that changes that

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@AlanH66 wrote:

I can assure you that the other person only knows the secondary email address and the password is different to the primary account password, but the other person can see both. I cannot find a setting that changes that

Is the address concerned a blueyonder or Ntlworld one by any chance?

It used to be possible to set up alias addresses on blueyonder and, I think, Ntlworld.  These alias accounts share the same mailbox and password as the parent account.

If this is the case then change the primary account password.  Then create a new secondary account, which will be a Virginmeda.com domain one for the secretary to use.

The accessibility/ownership rules I mentioned earlier will still apply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My original email address that is still my main one is a ntlworld.com. Some time ago I set up my secondary address and that one is virgin media. When others log into that one they see my ntlworld.com address on the left at the bottom of the menu. The two addresses have different passwords

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What you are suggesting sounds like how I originally set things up

0 Kudos