Menu
unfocused
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 53
Flag for a moderator

0x800CCC0E

There was a broadband issue last week when I was unable to access the internet via PC, mobile or TV.  Virginmedia admitted a fault in the area and internet/broadband was restored the same afternoon.  However, since then, I have been unable to download my main account's emails onto Outlook.  I receive error 0x800CCC0E, indicating Outlook cannot connect to the server.

The email account's IMAP/SMTP settings haven't changed and are in accordance with your web page 'How do I update my Virgin Media Mail settings in Outlook?'.  I have tried updating my password, but then get the message that the server rejected my login.

Strangely, I have a secondary email account which is working fine with the same settings (though different email address and password, of course.)

I can still access my emails from the Virginmedia website, so this isn't a disaster.  But it is a pain!  Advice on how to correct the issue would be appreciated.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0x800CCC0E

Before I offer advice can you clarify - can't send and receive via Outlook, or just can't send, or just can't receive?

I have a suspicion I know what has happened bu an answer would help.

BTW - a great post, clear, concise. Makes a change. I've given you kudos.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
unfocused
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Gosh, thanks for the kudos.

I can't send or receive on the account that is in error.  On my secondary account, I can both send and receive.  All very strange!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 53
Flag for a moderator

The last one of these I dealt with (on Saturday) had an error in the server name settings. So I am going to ask you to check those again. Server names please. But while you are doing that i am going ask the Forum Team to take a look at your mailbox and see if there an issue on the VM mail client servers. That is not a quick fix. The team will ask you for information via our private message system but will indicate this in this thread.

@ModTeam  - could you get VM IT to look at the mailbox please.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

unfocused
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I think the server name settings are fine.  Incoming is imap.virginmedia.com (account type is IMAP) and outgoing is smtp.virginmedia.com. (These were copy/paste, so are exactly what are in the settings.

Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Frankly this is a real puzzle. We usually get a send failure or a receive failure but not both. The Team have picked this up and will be in touch in this thread. Thanks for checking.

Here's a wild thought. You haven't accidentally set this account to work offline , have you?

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
unfocused
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Well, it's interesting you ask that question, because it was showing as Work Offline at one stage, but I think doing a Send/Receive cancels that out doesn't it?  It's showing as Connected now.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I haven't used Outlook for along time. Anyway I was clutching at straws. another request. Do a send and post the error message in full - cut and paste it here. Thanx.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi unfocused,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Apologies that you are having issues with your emails sending /receiving. I can see from your previous post that your have already checked your email settings which are all correct, and have tried all other diagnostics.

We will certainly check our servers to make sure there are no issues our end that may be affecting you. For us to raise this with our IT department I will pop you over a private message. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Thanks Jodi

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 53
Flag for a moderator

@Jodi_S   - That was nice and quick. Much appreciated.

Use Kudos to say thanks