Menu
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

why wont virgin give loyal customers the same offers as new customers like sky do

Why wont virgin give loyal customers the same offers as new customers like sky do it looks to me like your loyalty is a penalty with virgin so with this penalty and the bad wifi its time to move on to sky has any one ever been given the same offer as new customers 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: why wont virgin give loyal customers the same offers as new customers like sky do

because that isn't the way business works.

many companies offer new customers cheap non profit making deals at great offers to groom them in. then once the introductory offer ends, the prices go up.

most of the companies i worked for did the same and most customers stayed if they were happy with the service.

this way of doing things allows for a competitive market that allows customers to move around different companies and picking up a good deal each time. encouraged by the regulators and successive government of both major parties.

the only downside is if you can only have one provider in your area ie just bt or virgin. then you have no choice.
0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: why wont virgin give loyal customers the same offers as new customers like sky do

Virgin is now the only major ISP which still refuses offer new and existing customers the same prices, as recently reported by Watchdog amd the press.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2Yd8kKmYkzdrPC24dY2Z4Ds/watchdog-virgin-media

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/virgin-resists-ofcom-pressure-to-offer-loyal-customers-same-broad...

0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I agree most customers would stay and pay if they were happy with the service but the VM wifi equipment and service leaves at lot to be desired so for me a slower service that is reliable with a new provider once i am out of contract in march will be a better deal in the long run
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is no different than other companies when it come to existing customers deals. It comes down to how you negotiate for a new deal and I am speaking from my own experience with both Sky and Virgin.

You need to research how to negotiate a better deal.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos