Menu
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

why dont VM offer the same deals to exsisting customers like Sky do

So sky have made a commitment to offer the same deals to all customers new and old this looks like a great way to do business open and transparent. so why don't virgin media do this as i am sure that if it were a level playing field most people would stay i have been with them since the days of telewest  but now the prices are very high and the equipment is very poor our wifi drops out 4 to 8 times a day and VM say there is no problem with the equipment even though you can see the Hub 3 is flashing and the wifi has gone off 

i can see why people say its  no longer value for money we are looking to change in 6 weeks as we cant go on with the same old bull from VM telling us there is no problem with their equipment maybe one day VM will understand to keep customers they must have good service and good prices as both need to go together  and it this moment in time they have neither 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: why dont VM offer the same deals to exsisting customers like Sky do

Virgin often beat deal customer deals for new customers who contact them and renew there contract.

I will admit that being a Sky customer as well that Sky do manage this better by making deals available online and also from time to time seem to send new deals to existing customers in a bid to renew contracts.

It's simply a case of the customer being responsible to contact providers for better deals, its often seen in bad taste when a company keeps contacting customers to up sell products and contracts hence why its not often done by many companies.

Sky has a history of being the company that keeps sending customers or tenants junk mail and ending up in the spam folder of email accounts but whilst this annoys some customers its also a benefit as you mention.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt thanks for the reply but as i said the quality of the service and the price must go hand in hand and the VM service is really bad and their price hikes are crazy this and how they treat customers with contempt is really bad   

they tell me they don't have a problem with their equipment when they clearly do and every one, well every one apart from VM know this  I am paying for a service that I am not getting 

what is the sky , Openreach or Talk talk broadband service like as I don't mind going to a lower speed if its reliable because i cant work from home like this 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

Yes I couldn't agree more on the Virgin price vs service quality.

I've been running a few addresses with Openreach based VDSL and even a Full Fibre address too and honestly even the connection thats rather slow clocking in at around 32Mb/s download and 8Mb/s upload (due to long line length back to fibre cab) works a treat (with TalkTalk/Sky)

I recently switched off my Virgin 350Mb service and switched all over to my backup line with EE (runs at 52Mb/s down and 19Mb/s upload) and honestly despite the loss of 300Mb/s I've only seen the service improve overall, much better for working from home.

If its reliability your after I think your in for a treat switching over to Openreach based service, just depends on your location, for an in-depth look at what to expect at your address you can look your address up here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

This tool will tell you the worst and best to expect from speed with ISP's using the Openreach network (such as BT, Sky, TalkTalk and many others)

You may even be suprised to be in a full fibre area 🙂

Let us know if you need any more assistance or have further questions

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Matt great reply will keep in touch and let you know how i get on 

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

VM internet is way cheaper compared to sky or most open reach services when you look at it as a price per mbps

And if VM offered the same deals to new and current customers all that will mean is they will not give new customer deals anymore. It will not mean everyone lets new customer deals as VM often lose money on them.

All i see that as proving is that Sky are not giving new customers offers

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

But internet is a bit more than just Mbps now and with the Mbps not being a guaranteed part of any purchase a price cannot be put on them really.

When some customers aren't receiving 200mbps at £50 per month (25ppmb - Per Per Mega bit)  and only receives 75mbps on average the price per mb becomes 66ppmb,

So if Sky guarantee's 50mbps at £25 per month (50ppmb)

0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax i think you may be wrong mate as the amount of times my wife drops out VM should give me a rebate and if you read the comments from a lot of other people VM should be paying people to have they useless equipment installed so take a real look at the amount of people in this comunity who have a very bad service from VM and tell them how great it it get real mate 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Tonybbb wrote:

apcyberax i think you may be wrong mate as the amount of times my wife drops out VM should give me a rebate and if you read the comments from a lot of other people VM should be paying people to have they useless equipment installed so take a real look at the amount of people in this comunity who have a very bad service from VM and tell them how great it it get real mate 

maybe you should get a new wife

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

under regulatory rules and it applies to all those companies signed up to the scheme , only a complete proven loss of service generates a pro rata refund. drop outs don't count.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation
0 Kudos