Menu
lfcwines
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

virgin media contract ended so contacted fore a new price. POOR

So bear with me. Contract for my oomph package with everything ends 19/10/20 so contacted them yesterday 13/10/20 to negotiate a new deal for existing services.

Got through very quick and was met with a nice lady willing to help Asked her if she could give me a new price for the same services, as my contract was ending, she said yes sure lets have a look. If i reduce my phone down to weekends and evenings she could give me a price of £93 a month for the same package as i have now, said brill price does it definitley come with sports and movies, she said yes. and so the deal was done.

Later i turned on my tv flicked through the channels as you do and i had no sky sports no sky movies. Cursed, and went straight back to phone them. this time spoke to a hard to understand chap, explained the situation and his first words were **bleep**ing Hell( not the swearing version) thats not right lets look. so looked and said again **bleep**ing hell think shes given you the wrong package and promised you different, not sure what i can do. so i said give me a price for what i want, so he said **bleep**ing hell alright ...tap tap tap£164 but i can discount it blah blah £110 oh hold on you you have 2 boxes she hasnt priced that thats another £10 so £115 i said i used to pay £99 can you do better. He said to me no sorry so i said is there a manager that can as i havent got what i asked for so he went his manager and  go tback to me and said sorry not really but you can be out through to customer services and explain to them that you have been mis-sold the wrong package can they help. 

So the next person arrived i explained the full situation and asked if he could help, he asked me to explain again what happened with the phone call i told him and said its not the package i asked for  he told me that sky sports had been removed and sky movies removed i said but i asked for those but he ignored what i said talked over me and told me i had maxit package with no ports or movies so i said well can you do me a deal he said no i would have 2 contact them in 2 days as there system doesnt update for 2 days so he cant do anything, i said my app and computer show the new wrong package he spoke over me again and said ours doesnt have to phone in 2 days, so i left very annoyed and no step further. i know have a package didnt want, i have to phone them again not the other way, i have also been a very loyal customer for 21 years and have built this package upto everything over those years. I did say to him that i would contact sky to see what they can do he said ok bye. so i did. virgin do a new customer deal for the oomph package with a 32" tv for £89 to me £139 sky do the same package for £94. i am waiting upon a resolution to this, im not asking for much just a competitive price not a stupid price that forces customers away, otherwise i think sky could be beckoning unless someone on here can help my situation Please. I dont want to leave but feel i am being neglected as a very loyal custome 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media contract ended so contacted fore a new price. POOR

£139 is the standard price for Ultimate Oomph once the new customer discount period has ended - so that is what you should pay.

As you have discovered renegotiating "loyalty" discounts is not a straightforward process with VM. All I can suggest is you persevere - a different day - a different agent - a different deal. Then see if some brinksmanship works after you give your 30-days notice. They used to always call you back during the countdown period with a better offer - although one or two are saying that may not happen 100% nowadays. Particularly if you are in a high contention area. So be prepared to move suppliers.

One thing you need to clarify - when you change your package (as you have - "technically") that normally auto-starts a new 12/18 month contract and would in that case, attract large early termination fees. Make sure that hasn't happened before finally leaving or that charge will be added to your final bill.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"Got through very quick and was met with a nice lady willing to help Asked her if she could give me a new price for the same services, as my contract was ending, she said yes sure lets have a look. If i reduce my phone down to weekends and evenings she could give me a price of £93 a month for the same package as i have now, said brill price does it definitley come with sports and movies, she said yes. and so the deal was done."

If that was what was offered, and you agreed to it, then that is legally binding on VM.  Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, all written and verbal information that you rely upon when entering a contract is legally binding and forms part of the contract, even if it isn't within the suppliers T&Cs.  For example, see section 3 of this useful little guide.  Note that any guff spouted by VM (such as "agent made a mistake" or "not authorised to offer that deal") is irrelevant - the deal was offered and accepted.

Your best hope is that the forum staff intervene and get you the agreed deal without further fuss - that's quickest and best for all concerned.  If they can't, then you will still prevail but you will also have a bit of a struggle on your hands, because (unless you simply wish to invoke your right to cancel and go to Sky) you'd need to write a formal complaint to VM, see if they pull their finger out and honour the deal, and if they still won't then eight weeks after VM accept the complaint you escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS (and demand compensation for the hassle and any time in which the agreed channels were not available).  As you can see that's not very quick, although should be effective.  If it does go as far as CISAS that works out expensive for VM, because they normally lose, and (regardless of outcome) they always have to pay the CISAS case fees that can run into hundreds of pounds. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

lfcwines
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Andruser,  i agreed to the package that had sports and cinema not the package i was given the lady on the other end presumed that  was the package and sold me a different package even on my second call the advisor said she has sold you the wrong package that you asked for, thats why they said go to customer services and tell them you were misold the wrong package so thats what i did. 

0 Kudos
lfcwines
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i knew that the price was £139 but i always negatiate to get the best deal but in this instance i got a better price but was missold the the wrong package
0 Kudos
lfcwines
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Resolved.
Perseverance and i finally got this all sorted . AND i got my ultimate ooomph package back for the amazing price of ......£89. result
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Out of interest what was the successful route in the end ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos