Menu
izzy110
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

virgin dont care about loyalty

Been a VM customer over 35 years and in my naivety thought loyalty might count for something but obviously doesnt.

Been on basic package for years with anytime calls £67 p/month. Simply thought i would ring in black friday week to see what they could do for me.

First guy in retention team was good, actually offered me sky sports, bt sports, maxit tv and new v6 box to replace my tired, slow, tivo for £65.  Only issue was weekend only calls instead of anytime. 

Needed to check with my wife to see if can increase mobiles instead and rang virgin next day to say ok lets go with the new package.     Thats where the nightmare began.

Was told by retention team that i couldnt have that at that price but would cost me more.

My reply was that im just phoning back to agree to upgrade.   Each time i rang to ask why are you not allowing me to upgrade they kept making ridiculous excuses and putting the price up so it went from originally £65,£67,£69, £70.   What made it worse was the price excluded the v6 box and they wanted to charge me £30 for it.  Its disgusting that they just dont give a damn and to call themselves customer service is a joke.

I thought i would give it one last chance to hopefully speak to someone who cared like the very first retention guy i spoke to but no chance.

i rang retentions on 1st Dec 2020 to say the bigger bundle deal plus sports , v6 box at £65 p/month you have advertised is what you originally offered me but say i cant have have it for £65.

When i once again said this is ridiculous im just asking for upgrade to what you have on offer they said no.  

If i want the bigger bundle plus sports package with v6 at £65 per month, i as an loyal 35 year customer have to pay £69.29p per month and i dont get a v6 box with it either.

To make the insult worse if you take out the package that im simply after you also get a 43 Inch LG tv.

How can the same package im on cost me more and disgustingly want to charge me £30 for a v6 box..  Im being punished for being a loyal customer.

Shameful VM, you just dont care.   All i was after is the package you currently have on offer, nothing more.

To sum it up: New customer-Bigger bundle plus sports package inc v6 box, free LG tv £65 p/month

Me                 Bigger bundle plus sports package No V6 box,No LG tv £69.p/month 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin dont care about loyalty

you are not a new customer, so why do you think you should get that deal?
loyalty has nothing to do with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When you were first offered the deal you should have taken it, I have seen many posts where people dither then the next call handler has no obligation to agree with a call they are not parley to.
0 Kudos
izzy110
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In response to your reply. I certainly realise now that loyalty counts for nothing when it used to, but i was offered the deal which is the same. Nothing more but equal.

Just to inform as you are obviously unaware that Ofcom in 2019 made a ruling to service providers that customers were to be treated fairly whether new or old and that the same offers were to be made available to all.   I have been out of contract for long time and were never told or shown the best deals available, i was given a deal but the retention team wouldnt honour it.

Have attached section below or read the whole article

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/152660/fairness-for-customers-progress-update-j...

Telling customers when their initial deal is up, and the best deal. Under new Ofcom rules
announced last month, broadband, phone and TV customers must be told when their contract is
coming to an end, and shown the best deals available, from February next year. Out-of-contract
customers will have to be given reminders and shown the best deals every year. This will help people
take advantage of the wide choice of offers available. With more than 20 million customers having
passed their initial contract period, we believe this could have a significant positive impact.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

virgin did not sign up to that voluntary ofcom ruling where they have to offer existing customers the same deal as a new customer.

0 Kudos
izzy110
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Maybe VM didnt some time ago but i think your a bit behind on the updates.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/broadband-and-phone-firms-put-...

The launch of our fairness for customers commitments: The launch of a set of
fairness for customers commitments in June 2019, to which all of the UK’s biggest
telecoms providers have signed up. These are designed to embed a culture of fairness
within the industry. We intend to publish a report to monitor the progress of
providers against the commitments in early 2021.1

All of the UK’s biggest providers have signed-up to the commitments including: BT; EE; Giffgaff; O2; Plusnet; Post Office; Sky; TalkTalk; Tesco Mobile; Three; Virgin Media and Vodafone. This covers the vast majority of broadband, mobile, pay-TV and home phone customers.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

at no point does ofcom say you must get the same deal as a new customer, only that you get a "fair" deal.
the definition of "fair" is left for each to decide.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When a person doesn't understand the words "New Customers" i don't think its worth pursuing the issue.
0 Kudos
izzy110
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I certainly understand the difference but it also implies to existing customers. Im not gonna get into a childish conversation with you over this. Better just leave it there. 

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin agreed to certain aspects of Ofcom's voluntary scheme, but not the part which allows existing customers to get the same offer as existing customers. They are now the only major ISP which doesn't allow this. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/virgin-resists-ofcom-pressure-to-offer-loyal-customers-same-broad...

0 Kudos