Menu
duke10
Joining in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

unhelpful customer service

im deaf and live alone with no help whatsoever during pandemic when it comes to contacting virgin media who is fully aware im deaf because they have proof of the fact. i had someone call virgin to ask how do i contact virgin media if they have closed all the virgin media shops and the chat is no longer available as far as im aware because its no longer where i used to find it on contact us part of web page. the person was not cut off one time on the call, but 6 times and im still none the wiser on how i contact virgin who is obviously aware by now about this issue because i have e.mailed several times in past 2 months and still no response from them. is anyone else who is deaf having this problem with virgin. or just myself??

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: unhelpful customer service

Hi duke10,

VM don't have a customer facing email account which why you won't have received a response. However if you state your problems here I'm pretty sure you will receive the assistance you need.

For future reference I hope this helps.

VM do provide extra help, detail available using this link. accessibilityandextrasupport 

Text Relay Service

RelayUK helps deaf, speech impaired and hearing impaired people to talk to each other over the phone & via an app using the relay service.

To contact us via RelayUK you can Download the  relay-uk-app  app or call us free on 18001 0800 052 2164

Video Relay Service

Video Relay allows British Sign Language users Sign-Solutions 

Monday to Sunday, 8am until midnight

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @duke10 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've not had the best customer experience. As @newapollo mentioned the above features we also have our text service which you can reach us on +44753 305 1809 or we can help you here. 

When you emailed us can I ask where it was sent? We don't have an active email inbox for customer care, so I'm unsure as to where it has been sent to. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

duke10
Joining in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

hi. reg saying i sent e.mail. sorry i was so frustrated at the time. what i meant was i sent in a complaint several times on my virgin media webpage. as for using a app to be in contact with virgin media, i dont own a cell phone now. which virgin media is also aware of. as i keep stating if virgin had not closed my nearest virgin store i would have somewhere i can go to seek help.. also as i mentioned i had someone call virgin call centre to try resolve things and that person who called for me was cut off not one time, but 6 times because the people at the call centre got asked how is a deaf person supposed to contact virgin media if they have no phone to use app and the nearest virgin store is closed down now, so they obviously had no answer to the problem so instead of saying they had no solution they just cut the person off each time the question was put to them ( no the person was not being rude or aggressive on phone, just a calm conversation ).. virgin has medical proof of me being deaf. said if i have priority status if things go wrong.. yes so much priority they have taken away all means of contact if i ever have any issues like losing internet connection or dealing with bills.. i was cut off for almost a week and virgin had the cheek to charge me for the week i was disconnected. then i got told a new hub was being sent to me via yodel delivery, then that was cancelled to next day. waiting in all day that day and no hub arrived, they turned up a week later when i was not at home, not that i need a new hub, just the fact i get asked to stay at home and nothing arrives.. just like virgin. happy to take your monthly payments, but not so willing to help people like myself with issues without being cut off. no chat on my virgin media where i usualy found it under contact us to seek help either, so what do i do??
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi duke10,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Has the broadband issues been resolved? 

Regarding contacting us, you could also come to the forums as you have done and we can assist. There is something's we don't deal with here such as package changes and payments however. 

We also have a text relay service. More information can be found here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
duke10
Joining in
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

broadband issue??.. my problem is not my broadband. its contacting virgin media itself if i do have problems thats my issue.. if you go read my first message post on here you will see that
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I have read both messages. 

I have given the text relay service as an example of how to contact us as well as advising we can assist on the forums should you need.

In the 2nd message of yours, you did mention your broadband service so was making sure that's all sorted

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

i think the question was, what is the reason for contacting virgin support in this instance?
do you have a current service issue that needs resolved?

i suppose one solution is to have another person added to your account as an approved contact, so that when the a phonecall is required they will be able to deal with it on your behalf?

a virgin stores were closed, not just the one closest to you.

the various contact methods that might work for you have been posted above.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
duke10
Joining in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

yes.. and i also said in second message i have no phone to use app on.. so the question still remains, how do i contact virgin media if im deaf /cant call /virgin stores closed down / call centre cutting off the only person i had available to call for me.. we are just going round in circles just trying to get answers to one big issue. how do i contact virgin if things go wrong with internet or bill issues??. i have seen quite clearly you people cant help with those things, so who can if all means of contact has been taken away from me??
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

maybe getting yourself a cheap PAYG mobile will help you in this instance.
virgin give you options, it's not their fault really if you choose not to use them.

only other option if you refuse to get a mobile phone, is to leave and choose an ISP that does have email as a point of contact (there won't be many though, certainly not any of the "big" ISPs).

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos