Menu
lindawilkinson7
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

to stay or go from VM

My contract with VM has just ended. I pay 67.50 per month which will increase in March. I could change suppliers having been offered a contract paying half this amount but I really do not need the hassle. I do think I am paying too much, however. What do people think I should do?

0 Kudos
Kreases
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: to stay or go from VM

I had the same decision to make and after 17years have made the decision to dip my toe elsewhere, its not just the cost but my wifi has always been 'iffy' and VM have not been able to resolve plus the overall service is terrible, they cancelled my engineer visit off their own back a few months back and nobody bothered to contact me to see if my issue was resolved.

I should warn you I was on the phone for an hour before I finally was able to authorise the cancellation of my contract next month, good luck

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's difficult to answer this question without knowing what the your package covers. I have simple VM broadband and it is much less but, possibly, because of the services included in your package.

As a minimum, I think you should call VM and re-negotiate whenever you are out of contract. If you are serious about leaving or not, do your homework first to see if there is a genuinely better deal which you would accept; and then ring VM taking the option 'thinking of leaving'. You will be in the best negotiating position if you have done your homework. Maybe you will make your day by getting a big reduction, although probably with a lengthy contract.

I am on Pay As You Go on my mobile which works for me but would not suit most people. A friend recently told be of a good deal mobile elsewhere at just £8 a month. 

I hope this helps. Good luck whatever you do. It's a jungle out there! The internet was supposed to make things more simple and efficient and yet, companies have contrived to make it more complicated with more hassle! C'est la vie.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

one thing you should take note of though - don't get blinded by the great "new customer" deal, take notice of what the price will be once that introductory price ends, as that's what the "real" price is and what you'll be paying eventually.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have mentioned this elsewhere but it may be relevant to a switching decision.

If you have a BT landline, you will no longer have the option to rent your landline with a single annual payment at a 10% discount unless you are also a broadband customer. It is a small carrot which I suppose may, or may not, be available in future. As has already been noted, the initial deal on joining  is not the ultimate deal which is, to some extent, an unknown.

I don't know if most companies are open to negotiation on renewal. When I initially rented BT Sport, it was full price unless I was a broadband customer. The line softened a little later but not nearly enough. I no longer have BT Sport.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'I really do not need the hassle'

the way the world is at the minute..... i'd stay put for the time being if you can afford it in the short term. when things become better, the hassle will be greatly minimized.
0 Kudos
lindawilkinson7
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would just like to thank all the people who took the trouble to post their comments on my issue with VM. Much appreciated. Done my homework. Preparing 'to do battle' later today. Thanks again. Linda Wilkinson

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good luck, Linda - but maybe wiser not to use your real name, if indeed it is, on a public forum. Keep safe and stay well.

0 Kudos