Menu
marccan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

street furniture in dangerous and obstructive location

we have a grey Virgin single door box outside our house on the corner of our drive.  the road is very narrow with on street parking opposite the drive.  when a car/van is parked opposite the narrowest part is between the parked car and the virgin box.  a large van or lorry cannot pass through and are seen regularly reversing back down the road, which is very dangerous as there is primary school nearby and a park next door.  an added problem is that if you pull out of my drive and a car is parked on the side of the road, you cannot turn left on to the road as the grey box causes an obstruction.  I have seen this box hit twice now and is a little bit wonky.  If it is hit by a lorry,. it will be knocked over completely and the wiring for the whole street will be taken out.  does anyone know who to speak to in order to try and get this moved?  just moving it on to my grass verge by a metre will probably do the trick.  I tried speaking to Virgin direct but they either never get back to me or have sent on one occasion sent an engineer to say they do not have anything to do with the outside boxes.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: street furniture in dangerous and obstructive location

The local authority will have issued a permit for it to be sited where it is. Moving boxes even a few feet is very expensive, as jointing all the drop cables is not an option & all the drops to every customer it serves will have to be renewed. Not to mention the disruption to service, all of which will incur compensation claims.

VM can do a survey at a price. I believe it is £250 just for them to come out & look at it. But unless it is a serious health & safety issue they won't spend the thousands it will cost to move it.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: street furniture in dangerous and obstructive location

Hi I agree with nodrogd, to add to that if you request it as an individual you will incur costs of thousands of pounds, if virgin will do it which I doubt, surely the best solution is parking restrictions as drivers have little sense where they park. Regards Micky
0 Kudos