cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returning VM equipment without an account

jp1955
Joining in

I have moved to a rented apartment and the previous resident left VM equipment (Hub 4 router and TV box) which I do not want.  I would like to return it  but all forms of communication with VM appear to require an account number. I do not have previous owner's contact details.

Please can anyone advise.  I would rather recycle than simply dispose of the kit.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jp1955 This is really a problem for the previous tenant or the landlord depending on which was the VM account holder. They will be charged for not returning any rented equipment that VM want back.  So I suggest you set the kit aside somewhere out of the way and await contact from the previous account holder when they try and get out of the penalty charge.

If you are not minded to do that just take the kit to your local council recycling centre for electrical goods.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jp1955
Joining in

Thank you Graham.

I suspect the tenant passed away and unfortunately the landlord cannot help.

If anyone from VM could advise I would appreciate it.