Menu
moabel
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

possible to extend existing contract?

Hi!

Just curious to know if its possible to extend my current contract with the discount?

Once the contract ends the price increases more than double and this is something i don't want.

The contract is ending on the 24th of June, and i am happy with what i have.

Can someone advise please.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: possible to extend existing contract?

Hello

With regards to account/contract issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum. The only way to continue would be too rearrange a new contact otherwise you will go on a rolling contract on the raised price.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: possible to extend existing contract?

not quite true above afaik - there is a text message service but there is phone contact all be it much reduces with long wait times

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

early morning is said to be the best time to ring

you can take a new 12 month contract and the chances are they will pffer a better price than the increased price you now see - but its unlikely they will continue at the price you have now - that was a 'new customer' special offer 

if you are not happy with any new offer you can give 30 days notice - that can bring a call from an outbound team with a one off offer to tempt you to stay - take it or leave it they dont usually ring back and its not available to any of the other teams

if you dont like whats offered then your 30 day notice would run

all isp's offer new customer deals its the way the industry works - if you can be bothered with the hassle its the best way to get low prices year on year

Tony
0 Kudos