Menu
paulculpin
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

phone line still not connected after 6 months of trying - dreadful company

Dear Virgin Media - where do i start on this frustrating tale

I have been your loyal customer since 2008 and recently moved house therefore transferred my account with a 350Mb MAXITV and TALKMORE ANYTIME bundle. The new service was installed MArch 26th 2020 with the Broadband and TV working but no phone connection. The engineers came back on a Saturday 28th March but were not able to transfer my number and get the phone line to work. The engineers said it was a software issue at head office and would refer this on.

Ever since the 28th March i have had no contact with a technical person within VM yet they successfully managed to charge me for the service. The major issue for me is that the mobile phone service in my house is poor and thus have to go outside on some occasions to get a signal. 

I have for the last 6 months tried every media communication path that Virgin offer but have not yet been able to get to physically talk to anyone never mind a technical person who could resolve the issue. All the other attempts - text, computer chat etc they send a message that they have referred my problem to the relevant department. Then made a statement that someone would contact me in 24 hours.

I sent letters to customer services and they said they had been attempting to contact me which was not true as the only Virgin person to contact me by phone was their sales team twice so Virgin has my details. I explained to the Sales Person my issue and both times they just put the phone down on me.

Then i was referred to the complaints department again saying some one will contact me. No one did and writing again they advised me to go to arbitration. 

My experience with Virgin Media service has left me frustrated in having communication with the sales, customer service and complaints departments but they have not been able to get the issue resolved as they are only administrators who want to get you off their back. The best way would be for a technician to contract me, or send an engineer to resolve the issue.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get through this impenetrable wall of administrators to get something technical resolved??

Or better still advise how Virgin Media can resolve my phone line number transfer issue. If it is a transfer issue please give me a new number as no one has been able to contact me for the last 6.75 months on the phone line i am paying for.   

0 Kudos
Sambathedog2020
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone line still not connected after 6 months of trying - dreadful company

Hi paul

Contact the CEO of VM and this should get things moving we had some issues with our service since April 2020 and this worked for us.

Hope this Helps.
0 Kudos
paulculpin
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone line still not connected after 6 months of trying - dreadful company

Everybody - going through the Community Support Specific areas of expertise was the route in which the forum team telling me that there was nothing wrong so trying to say there was no problem. But persistence is needed and you need a specific action plan like - SEND AN ENGINEER. 

The engineer came and resolved the issue in 15 minutes against the Virgin Media 7 months of intransigence and communication barriers to get through to people who can resolve problems.

My next issue is how to get compensation for having paid for my telephone for 7 months and the time and effort trying to communicate with Virgin Media and having to go outside to get a signal. Even the engineer had to go outside to get a mobile signal. 

Any suggestions?? 

0 Kudos