Menu
AnthonySmith35
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

new customers treated better than existing customers....

as an existing customer i pay £29 for 50m broadband. but in the black friday deals new customers get 200m for £1 more. i keep trying to contact support via online chat or phone call but get the same message on line of being busy and no answer from the phone. for my 'deals' it costs an extra £20 to get what new customers will get for £1 more than me at the moment. surely this is ethically  wrong?.......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: new customers treated better than existing customers....

See the link.
You wont get the deal - your only chance is if you are out of contract and can play the "i'm leaving" card. But people are saying on here that VM arent taking buying thet threat recently.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/fairer-prices-for-broadband-customers

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

For 12 months then its £54 a month VM play the waiting game till it costs what it cost for new customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Andruser
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're on 50 Mbps, surely Openreach based ISPs can offer near enough or faster?

In which case, the choice is either not to play the big ISP's "bait and switch" game, and go with some of the smaller ISPs that don't do this, OR you play the game against the big ISPs, and every year you switch VM this year, next year Sky, the year after BT, then back to VM.  You'd be perpetually on the lowest cost deals.

The same in telecoms as it is in energy supply, car/home insurance, boiler servicing etc.