Menu
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

my tags

I have added a few tags to "my own posts" so I can find them by subject.

This works well and groups together my posts with the same tag.

It enables me to find a  thread with my post on a subject and also lists suggested tags that are similar which is good  or to view all tags.

As I have many posts , it is not easy to find a particular one, so the tag can help, but I would not tag every post perhaps just one in a thread.

"Add tag" is not widely used but can have it's uses, some members do use this.

I have noticed sometimes, other members may tag my posts.

I wondered why in the option "my tags" brings up the change email page?

Found some advice on old post-

Helpful Answers, Kudos and Tagging - Virgin Media Community - 77802

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: my tags

tagging posts

As no answer after a week I presume tagging of posts is not a subject that is widely used and and is part of the korus system.

I will continue to tag my own posts as it gives me some control over finding my previous related posts.

Still unclear why the "my tags" option bring up change email address, which means there is no sysytem to view your own tags, just a common pool of all tags   which has 3  pages and seems to be almost alphabetic and is found by clicking on a tag in a post then click view all tags.

The tagging system may be an old system dating back to 2010 and not used a lot on many current posts, but can be useful for searching because the  search in "whole community" does not always find the answer sought, or link to previous posts on a particular subject. A tag can direct you very quicly to all posts related to the tag keywords and as such is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it.

alf28

Tags (1)
0 Kudos