Menu
999stevie999
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

logging on to virginmedia

hope someone can help, my daughter cannot log in to virginmedia on her laptop, when she puts her email and password on the login screen and presses "sign in" it just sticks there - but if I put her email and password into my pc it logs in??

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: logging on to virginmedia

Hi 999stevie999,

Welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear your Daughter is having some trouble when accessing her my Virgin Media account.

When you say the screen 'sticks' there, do you mean you're not able to progress from the sign in screen? Are any error codes/messages present when this happens?

Can you please confirm if she has tried signing in via another web browser e.g Google Chrome, Firefox?

We are aware of some issues affecting customer's mailboxes at the moment, however this doesn't sound like the is the same problem. You can find out more details on those here.

Kind regards,

Beth

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tell her to clear the cache and cookies on her laptop. Method depends on what browser she is using so google for that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

999stevie999
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, no messages, the sign in button moves when you press it but nothing happens, we have tried microsoft edge, internet explorer and chrome

thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

To clarify, if she tries a different device does it work? I'm trying to see if it's just her laptop. if she's tried different browsers and cleared her browser caches but still can't log in, can she check that her settings on any third party applications that may be stopping her? Can she try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and try again? 

Thanks,

Lisa

999stevie999
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,
Yes if enter her details on my pc it loads.

I've just cleared the browser caches and am in the process of restarting the laptop, I will try internet explorer, if no luck I will download chrome and try that.

just noticed when the laptop has opened it has the new microsoft edge just downloaded so i'll try that

thanks
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Great. Please keep us updated as to how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
999stevie999
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No joy Lisa_CC

tried new Microsoft Edge, downloaded and installed Chrome, still stickes on "sign in" page
0 Kudos
999stevie999
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Here is a mind blower, just plugged an ethernet cable into laptop and it will log-on, have you any idea why it will log-in with an ethernet cable but not over wifi??
0 Kudos
999stevie999
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to finish this and thanks for all who helped, having found it worked with an Ethernet cable, that meant it was the laptops wifi, on digging in there, it seems lenovo sets a data limit (set to 1mb per month), changed it to unlimited and BINGO she can now log-in.

Thanks all
999stevie999
0 Kudos