Menu
ianhn
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

is there anybody there??

Has anyone had a problem making contact with virgin media?

I have spent 2 full days on phone and web chat and still not got to speak to anyone. Phone connects and you do the verification. you listen to crap music for 40 minutes then it cuts you off. this just repeats.

Web chat again you go through verification and it tells you you will be passed to next person this just runs all day. I started today at 8am and gave up at 5pm.

I have tried logging as complaint. this page comes back with a not sent error.

As a last resort i have tried going via resolver. You get a response from Virgin very quickly using resolver but they refuse to discuss via resolver.........and refer you back to the website contacts

All I want to do is discuss my package and price which was agreed with them at the weekend. I was told to phone back to activate.

Currently looking at sky and other suppliers but need to speak to virgin to cancel

I fully understand that call centres are working at low capacity but come on virgin media

Joke of a company

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: is there anybody there??

Be patient as a lot of overseas call centres are in lock-down - best chance of getting a UK one is calling "Retentions" between 08.00-09.00.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bengie
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Stop your Direct Debit, they will soon contact you then.
homemovecockup
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Bengie wrote:
Stop your Direct Debit, they will soon contact you then.

worst advice ever.
they actually won't contact you, they'll just suspend your service and pass the debt on to a debt collection agency if it remains unpaid.

Bengie
Superfast
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Come on, lighten up, tongue in cheek 🙂
homemovecockup
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

there was nothing in your post that suggested it was a joke.
maybe refrain from making jokes where the outcome could result in a bad credit rating.
Bengie
Superfast
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish, if you are in the right and they in the wrong, there will be no detrimental outcome.
Plus you don't get credit score changes overnight.
0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tell that to the various people on this forum who have posted about being unable to get mortgages due to small sums of money owed to Virgin Media from years ago. 

Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Some people will take that advise seriously and find themselves in an even more undesirable place: I.E. with a negatively marked credit history and disconnected service(s) with no chance to get through to customer services during this virus outbreak, so that they can pay the missed bill(s) to have their services reactivated.

mantis69
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

i have had problems contacting them on the message us, they havnt replied for 4 days on that just tried the text service see what happens.

below is what they saying but it says call centers closed every day i have rang

Unfortunately, virus quarantine measures have closed some of our call centres.
Please only call if you absolutely need to so customers with urgent needs can get through.
For help, go to virginmedia.com/help

0 Kudos