Menu
jaimeespinoza81
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

first bill charges

Good evening,

Could I have an understanding of why the first bill will come up to £141.00?

If I am not wrong. 

£35+£30 is for the engineer plus the installation fee. Then, £38 is for the first month.

That is coming for a total of £103, where are the other £38 coming from? 

I did not see anywhere else any extra charges. I have read on other answers in the forum, that is the fee you pay for the installation the first month. 

But, as a matter of fact I am no new customer to Virgin, we are just upgrading the broadband and leaving the TV and phone bundle.

How can it be fair to get an extra charge of £38.00 on top of the total? I understand it is not a crazy amount, but I do not like to be charged for anything it does not suppose to be

Jaime.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: first bill charges

Because your first bill includes 2 months rental fees, the 38 for your package, if you're an existing customer then speak to CS because you should only really be paying the pro-rata difference on a package upgrade unless you're adding boxes etc

0 Kudos
jaimeespinoza81
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shane,

That's the thing, now we will be paying only £38 against £60 that we are currently paying with the bundle. 

How much should they charge in this case? Just to be sure when speaking with CS.

About the 2nd month we will pay that means, we will not pay the 2nd month then?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey jaimeespinoza81,

When your services are installed / activated you’re assigned a billing cycle in our system.  On average it can take 16 days to create your first bill, in which time you’ll have been receiving services from us.

Your first month of service will start on your day of installation, and will cover 1 calendar month. This bill will cover your 1st calendar month (from your installation date), plus your month in advance.. From next month you’ll only be billed for a standard month in advance.

When you first join us, we sometimes need to charge you for things like installation or activation.  You will have been advised of any setup costs when you signed up, and those costs have been added to your account.  ‘One-off charges & credits’ are one offs, and will only appear once.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
jaimeespinoza81
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

This month in advance we have to pay would it be a kind of deposit that we will get back at some point?

I do understand the one of few and the payment for the installation.

But I struggle to understand why would we get charged 2 months, instead of the month of service first and once the month is gone we will pay for the second one.

However what I get from your email is that we will be paying 2 months in the first installment and then a third one on our second month with the new deal.

While I read about the charges was for the one of fee and installation fee.

This 3rd charge it is an unexpected one for us. I just want to understand where is it coming from.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes jaimeespinoza81, it is sort of like a deposit, from the date you’re installed with us, we bill you a month in advance for your monthly service or package charges and this continues right up to your date of disconnection. Because of this, you may receive a bill showing charges over and above your disconnection date. Don’t worry; once your services are fully disconnected we’ll refund any of these advance charges on your final bill.

Please visit this part of our site, which will give you all the information that you need about your first bill https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-first-bill

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
tanner1200
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hijack this thread but its about the same thing. My elderly father has an account with virgin but needed to return a second box as it was no longer needed and he dropped his phone contract as well as virgin phone could not get the new sim cards they kept sending him to work in his phone. he received a bill today telling him his next bill was due and it would be 140 pounds this is double what it should be. on trying to get hold of customer service he was informed it was a new contract and he would have to pay 2 months upfront what a cheek some one made a comment to me that virgin media are the industry opposite to ryan air they will charge for everything they can. It is not a new contract just returning a not used box he is 82 years old and in a right state now again and you have no where he can go to sort it now all your shops are shut and he cannot understand the customer service opperatives as they talk to fast even when he asks them to speak slower its a total joke now. how do i sort this for him

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi tanner1200,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry your father has received a higher bill than normal. I can appreciate you're keen to help him and understand what has happened yourself.

Are you able to access the online account here to have a look at the breakdown of the bill? This will show you exactly what charges are on there.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
tanner1200
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

i know what the billing is for it says its a new account and its not he had to change things because virgin told him his sim card would fail if he didnt change it so for 4 weeks we tried 3 sim cards 20 calls to the help line in the end he got so stressed out we cancelled the phone as no one would help sort the problem through to the end . My mother passed away 2 years ago and he has been paying for a second box all this time and not using it so he asked to return it. his bill went from 75 pound a month down too 70 pounds but some one in your department has set it up as a new account and charged him 2 months rent when all he has done is return a box  thanks 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We're happy to look into this further for you tanner1200, I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you but please be aware that we will need to pass account security to look into this further.

If you could let me know I will send you a Private Message to get the additional information.

Rob

0 Kudos