Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

financial assistance with payments due to corona

spoke to customer services about struggling to make make payments due to slow down in business (self employed), they told me there was nothing they could/would do ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: financial assistance with payments due to corona

correct, i don't see why any financial assistance should be given.
people need to cut their cloth accordingly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My cloth was cut just perfectly before this horrid virus took hold and so many people were left out of work. A little understanding and compassion goes a long way to brand loyalty.

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Antony1203,

I'm sorry that the current situation with the virus has caused problems.

Even if you are still in contract it should be possible to look at downgrading your package. If out of contract you could maybe keep the same package for a lower fee, or again look at the downgrade options.

To do that you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Resort to freeview and have a TV license, I'm well over 70 and will shortly have to pay for my license again, let me know how you get on and I'll jump on your bandwagon with virgin.
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you are still in contract it would be worth finding out how much it would cost to get out of your contract. Let's suppose that you signed up a year ago and have six months remaining. What VM does is to use a fixed early disconnection fee (EDF) depending on the package you have and multiply that figure by the remaining months less one (as you have to give a month's notice). Let's say that you are on Mix TV, VIVID 100 fibre broadband and Talk Weekends which has a monthly EDF of £44.07, so you'll be charged £44.07 x 5 = £220.35. Although this sounds a lot it's less than keeping your contract for another six months.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection