cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Listing Removed

DPJ
On our wavelength

As the title suggests I have had an eBay listing removed following a complaint about the listing. The listing was for Virgin wifi extenders which incidentally I bought from eBay several months ago but now no longer need. The following is an extract from the email I have received:

We removed your item as it was reported to us by Virgin Media. Please note that this item is not allowed on our site. Please don't relist this item.For more information please contact Virgin Media directly on: virginmedia@rightsmediation.com

I have phoned eBay who suggest I contact Virgin Media. I also note many other Virgin wifi extenders still for sale on eBay.  

Can one of the forum staff confirm that Virgin Media have reported my item and why? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can rely on VM not to do things with any consistency!

AIUI, the newer wi-fi pods can't be reused without activation from VM linking them to a hub/account, so no use to anyone as VM won't activate something they have not supplied.

The previous wi-fi extenders have featured in many past topics on here about them melting, burning or exploding. There had been quite a few topics about them. Some included photos. I was going to refer you to some past images but, curiously, I can only seem to find one single reference on here now. All the others seem to have have ... disappeared!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Powerline-Adapter-Fire/m-p/5162123

Here's a YouTube clip of the kind of thing that has appeared in the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGOl8DltU88

If it was me, I'd scrap any of the dodgy VM wi-fi extenders, rather than trying to resell them, lest you end up passing on something with a potential fire danger on to someone else.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You won't likely get a reply from VM staff in the 'Community Natter' forum as they don't usually reply here.

I could make a guess that VM has possibly flagged the VM wi-fi extender on eBay because there have been more than a few reports on the forum of some 'combustion issues' with the VM extender devices. Perhaps VM is flagging their resale to try to restrict them being re-used/recirculated.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If you are referring to WiFi Pods they belong to VM and should be returned when no longer needed, so you bought stolen property and then attempted to resell the stolen property.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

DPJ
On our wavelength

I think what really got up my nose was the fact that only my listing has been removed. There are still many other wifi extenders, pods and other Virgin equipment listed on eBay and other such platforms. I even received a copy of their policy document which I read but could not fathom why the wifi extender had been removed. I've listed it for sale elsewhere now. Thanks for your reply.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can rely on VM not to do things with any consistency!

AIUI, the newer wi-fi pods can't be reused without activation from VM linking them to a hub/account, so no use to anyone as VM won't activate something they have not supplied.

The previous wi-fi extenders have featured in many past topics on here about them melting, burning or exploding. There had been quite a few topics about them. Some included photos. I was going to refer you to some past images but, curiously, I can only seem to find one single reference on here now. All the others seem to have have ... disappeared!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Powerline-Adapter-Fire/m-p/5162123

Here's a YouTube clip of the kind of thing that has appeared in the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGOl8DltU88

If it was me, I'd scrap any of the dodgy VM wi-fi extenders, rather than trying to resell them, lest you end up passing on something with a potential fire danger on to someone else.

DPJ
On our wavelength

They were not wifi pods. They were the wifi extender which are readily available on auction sites. I bought them from eBay and tried to sell them om eBay. To the best of my knowledge I have not bought or tried to sell stolen property.

DPJ
On our wavelength

20230619_135903.jpg