Menu
LeonCoy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

customer retention?? Whats that virginmedia asks?

Just tried to renew my VM contract, what a joke!

1st offered to get it to £54pm as there have been some increases over the last contract my response was no!

2nd offer We can do it for £48pm, my response was you can do better packages cheaper for new customers, I can double broadband speed and keep existing TV and phone for £39pm.

If VM can do it cheaper for new customers why stay with them? They chance their luck you will just pay up, why even offer the £54 deal when they could do it for £48. They just **bleep** off loyal customers

Result my wife has closed her account and I will open a new customer account in my name, VM just dont care about customer loyalty.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: customer retention?? Whats that virginmedia asks?

your wife was not a new customer, simple as that.
you will also not be a new customer, you think virgin are idiots?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You have already had your new customer introductory discount and have now reverted to the price you agreed to when you signed up. Which is the same price as everyone else pays - unless VM offer the customer a discount at their discretion.

They did for you and you refused it - your call. You wont get another new customer deal at the same address for several months (not sure if its 3 or 6 months) post cancellation.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

its 3 months
wez
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Its wrong to say that you can't get a new customer deal at the property. Only your wife is restricted as she has recently been a customer. Normally you have to factor in the fees, but at the moment they are removed as part of a promotion. Just remember you will be without service for around a day, and you will have to get new equipment and send the old ones back.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@wez wrote:

Its wrong to say that you can't get a new customer deal at the property. Only your wife is restricted as she has recently been a customer. Normally you have to factor in the fees, but at the moment they are removed as part of a promotion. Just remember you will be without service for around a day, and you will have to get new equipment and send the old ones back.

Not according to Martin from the VM forum team - see message 2

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cancel-and-my-partner-join-as-new-c...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm fed up with these bleeding hearts moaning about new customer deals its well known practice with lots of different types of companies, if you don't want to pay what we all have to do, vote with your feet and leave, and make space on here for people with genuine technical problems.
wez
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That may be policy, but in practice its very different.

I've seen it done many times no problem.

0 Kudos
Sambathedog2020
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No it seems that you don't have the incentive to stay with VM and they don't care if you go or stay.

Had same experience as you have and was told to cancel the contract with them and get a new one in another persons name.

Plus they charge you install even though you have there services to start with they don't seem to want to retain customers.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

they want to retian customers that pay the advertised price.
they don't want to retain freeloaders that want everything for nothing.

i applaud this.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos