cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation letter

mk7637
Joining in

Hi wondering if anyone had the same. i sent a cancellation letter to virgin giving the 30 days notice on the 23/06/2022.

letter got there on time as i checked with royal mail but whoever received   the letter at virgin sighed it as COVID what this all about?

????????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you do nothing, then yes, the contract will end on the day you requested - assuming that they properly processed it, which if they didn’t will open up a whole world of hurt for VM and a degree of compensation for yourself.

You may get a call from their outbound retentions people trying to get you to stay and making various offers - one thing I would say is that if the offers are at all tempting then you must take them up there and then. Despite what they may say, there is no ‘thinking about it and calling them back’, you have to take it or leave it there and then. If you do call them back, their assumption will be that you want to stay after all so their next offer will be more pricey - business 101.

Note that this can happen at any point up to the disconnection date and indeed may not happen at all.

If you log into your my.virginmedia.com portal is there any mention anywhere of a ‘change to your package’ or similar? That can be a sign that the disconnection has been processed. You should get sent a pack to return the equipment to them although sometimes people have to fight to get that!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Likely means that the postie didn't seek a signature under Royal Mail covid protocols.  As you've got RM confirmation that it was delivered, it doesn't really matter that there isn't a signature.  

So what actually happens will my contract just end on the last day or will i get a call or something.

so far nothing.

If you do nothing, then yes, the contract will end on the day you requested - assuming that they properly processed it, which if they didn’t will open up a whole world of hurt for VM and a degree of compensation for yourself.

You may get a call from their outbound retentions people trying to get you to stay and making various offers - one thing I would say is that if the offers are at all tempting then you must take them up there and then. Despite what they may say, there is no ‘thinking about it and calling them back’, you have to take it or leave it there and then. If you do call them back, their assumption will be that you want to stay after all so their next offer will be more pricey - business 101.

Note that this can happen at any point up to the disconnection date and indeed may not happen at all.

If you log into your my.virginmedia.com portal is there any mention anywhere of a ‘change to your package’ or similar? That can be a sign that the disconnection has been processed. You should get sent a pack to return the equipment to them although sometimes people have to fight to get that!