Menu
r100gser
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

awful service

Hi below are details of a complaint I would like to email in to virgin media they have taken no notice of my previous contacts - anyone got an email address too send complaints to...Thanks

4th August 2020

Dear Sir.

I would like to complain about my experience as a new Virgin Media customer. From my very first contact and on subsequent contacts I have made Virgin Media aware that during these difficult time created by Covid19, I am an essential services worker.

I work in Social services, and amongst my duties are, working in child protection, child criminal and sexual exploitation and child mental health support. I also have responsibilities for vulnerable adults, including domestic violence and abuse and mental health support

Because of the need to provide these these services I now have to work from home - hence to importance of reliable electronic (internet) and telephone communications.

I was with BT for 31years and had been very happy with their service, however because of the need for me to work from home for the foreseeable future and as Virgin Media was the only option for fibre broadband available to me, I decided to switch supplier. I will now detail the  basis of my complaint.

After I applied to join virgin I heard nothing, I.  Contacted virgin and was informed that an e-mail had been sent to me, when this was looked in to the Virgin contact person informed me that a virgin employee had entered my e-mail wrongly.

The day of the initial cable install action was a disaster, my home was left in a disgraceful state, and when I asked to workmen to remove the installation and cancel my my order I was was informed that that would only cause a lot more mess. This fault was remedied in the next week.

On the day of the installation all went in a reasonable manner, although the installer did not not check my home for WiFi dead spots ( which has been a problem) I was also informed that although I had requested it, no action had been taken for me to retain my existing telephone number - the installer did say he would make arrangements to contact BT so the I could keep my telephone number that we had had for 31 years.

I did contact BT over the next few days and was informed that a request had now been made for  me to keep my number. By now it was 30th June.

I tried numerous times to contact Virgin by telephone in regards to my number transfer only to be placed on hold and then cut off after a 40 minute wait.

I tried the online chat contact service 3 times - and never received a reply.

I then sent a complaint via email - only to receive a pro forma reply, not containing the explanations and information I requested.

On the 9th July my Mother died, because I had been expecting my number to be transferred I had not informed anyone of my temporary number. I hope you can understand the distress by my family not being able to contact me has caused.  I work helping families through bereavement situations, and the irony of my own family not being able to contact me has had a significant affect on my wellbeing.

On the 13th July (approximately) I endured an hour long phone call (45 mins on hold) and was informed that my number would definitely be transferred on 23 / 24 July 

A few days later I received a text that seemed to be relating to the written complaint I had made some weeks ago. Saying that because my number had been  disconnected it could not be restored - this seemed to be contrary to what BT  and the Virgin  employee who had quoted the 23/24 July transfer date to me.

I would be eager to hear your response to my complaint - and details of when you will re-instate my previous telephone number as requested…Regards.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: awful service

So how the internet by wire to the hub?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
r100gser
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply, everything is now working, it is just that virgin have not transferred my previous telephone land line number as they said they would, and I wanted to highlight the terrible customer service...

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi r100gser,

My condolences on your mothers passing. 

I'm also sorry to hear the problems you've encountered transferring your number over from BT.

Hopefully your family have the temporary Virgin number, or your mobile number for the time being.

As far as I know, as long the BT line is still active then they can transfer the number over at VM's request.

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you and find a speedy way to resolve this matter.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi r100gser

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of you've not had the best experience with us and that our customer service has fallen below standards.

This is not the service we aim to provide to any of our customers. When you first applied to have the services with us was the request of the number transfer made on the original order?

The only reason we ask is if this is done after the installation and you have already disconnected from your previous provider we are unable to port any number across.

When you spoke to our advisor on the 13th of July did they ask you what date you were due to be disconnected from your old provider BT? If this was before the port date of the 23rd/24th we would not have had enough time to port your original number across as this takes 10 days.

Please can you let us know of the above and we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

r100gser
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the replies, the request to transfer my existing number was on the original order, the virgin service started on the 27th June. I contacted B T on the 30th June and was told BT had received a request to transfer the port,

And as of today my old number is still not allocated to another BT customer, so Virgin could have transferred the number by the 23rd July, and probably still could if they tried.

When I was thinking of changing to virgin I did read a lot of poor reviews about bad customer services, rather naïvely I though they could not be that bad....how wrong I was. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the information, it wouldn't be 100% but we can put through another port request for you if this is still not allocated with the provider.

I'll pop you over a private message now.

Thanks, Emily.

r100gser
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would like to thank Emily for the excellent effort she has made to get this problem resolved...I will update the post when outcome has been reached
0 Kudos
r100gser
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: awful service - issue now resolved

Virgin have been in contact with be, and they have managed to get me my original land line back. The have also credited my account with some financial reparation. If only Virgin could be this pro-active in answering complaints all the time they may find that they have many more customers who stay longer with them.

I would like to thank Emily especially, and all other virgin media staff who helped resolve the problem.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: awful service - issue now resolved

Thanks for letting us know r100gser,

Glad to hear Emily was able to help, I've passed your feedback along.

Alex_Rm