Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wrong router?

You will be sick of me talking about this by now but…

I upgraded from 100 to M35 and as you know I can’t get connected, plus the cable colours don’t match.

Now here is the thing, I took the phone package as well but didn’t recognise the fittings on the router. I then went back to my old 100 router, and low and behold, here are two sockets under the title TELEPHONE! Both fit fine. This could also cover my connection problem.

I can’t contact support (because everything is down at the moment. I see the engineer on Tuesday. Is there anything that you can suggest that I tell him/her in advance rather than tell him on the day?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong router?

Hello

The engineer will do all the troubleshooting when he arrives there is no need to give him information as he will already have as much as needed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ta Mike, I fixed the issue eventually myself. Now I am having a nightmare cancelling the engineer's booking.... it's the worst 'dog chasing his own tail' site I have ever seen (+ the endless adverts trying to  sell you upgrades and even the soul of your friends for cash!)

Also, why do I have to keep signing-in, when it only takes me back to my home page with no further link. And I refuse to be put on hold for another 2hrs, then'hung=up on!! - it esssentially does nothing more than my original router with an added USB SSD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again kriptikchicken,

You should be able to cancel the appointment by sigining into My Virgin Media  (providing you have registered for this service) at the top of the page, then click on My Account and Order Tracking.

VM should also send you a text message to confirm the engineer appointment and you can cancel the visit from there. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I tried yhad Dave, but when I went to cancel, Iit said I had to sign in (I already was!) when I clicked the link I just got back to my homepage with no link.

Anyway I gave their call centres that are still down so I sent CS a message outlining everything, so if they don't tell the engineer then it is their fault (ironic) not mine and I will explain to him also if I see him.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you would also have got a SMS message sent to you about the visit, and it says you can reply to the text to cancel it.

you can also cancel the visit using the myvirgin app

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have hada a conversation with other Virgin users and they seem VERY surprised that I have had to use my M100 (to get online), but then connect a second hub 'V6' to the M100 tp get Tivo to work. It's almost like buying a new car, but it won't work if you don't keep the old car running in the background. Why not just make an all-in-one?

I have tried downloading all the appz (including yours) about 6 hours ago, but on the phone, they are nowhere to be found. Play Store say 'installed'

You are right, I did get a text message, but that was before I got the kit home... so its id gonzo!

If I have the time, I will attempt to contact them again via a browser with less security... pop-ups etc. That may work. I run Firefox on strict security st the moment

Thanks again for your input. I appreciate you time. 😁

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i have no idea what you're talking about with regards to connecting M100 to a V6 hub to a Tivo - that's just nonsensical.

you have a virgin hub, that provides internet access (to whatever devices you have).

the V6 is not a hub, it's a TV set-top-box that gives you acess to TV. the V6 connects to the internet via your hub, and gets TV channels via the coax cable. it does not provide internet to any other device.

the old TIVO gets everything via the coax cable (as it has its own built-in modem for internet access).

your analogy about a car makes zero sense, and it seems like you don't have much understanding about the kit you have and what it does.

the app i refered to is called "My Virgin Media" on the google play app store.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos