Menu
Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why no Uk custoimer servives

Have you ever tried 150 and after all the options after 10 minutes of ignoring all the options which are irrelevent you eventually get passed on to an INDIAN call centre. They are unhelpful ROBOTS....how much was your last bill...how do I know I'm not on my banking..........what was the date of your last bill.....I dont know I'm not on my banking......what is your password ....I don't know we joined 20 years ago anbd never used it since ...we joined in from NTL DAYS before it was taken over by virgin..,.so long ago......what is the account holders email...she doesn't use it and hasn't done for about 20 years so she cannot remember.......why not contact me on MY email  a.,jb.....t@ntlworld.com.......we cannot do that.....but it's a virgin/ntlworld  account...no cannot do....ok my university of warwick account  J.A........t@warwick.ac.uk....no cannot do that.............Can you send me anb e mail address so I can talk to an knowledgible UK bases British customer service........no I cannot do that.......can I ask you what can you do......robot person with no authorisation to do anything says he cannot help!   This is a much abbreviated version...the first time my phones battery ran out......DISGRACEFUL. CXan I have a discussion with a UK based English speaking knowledgible and authorisation....send me an email Man am I angry.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why no Uk custoimer servives

There are UK based call centres, but when their lines are all busy or outside normal working hours the calls go offshore. Call Centres have to prove who you are by asking the questions they do. Otherwise it could be some fraudster trying to change your account without your knowledge. Best time to try is around 8am. Don't try posting personal info on the forum. It will either be automatically blocked or removed. VM CS don't use email.

Forum staff here will respond in a day or so & they are pretty helpful with any issues you may have.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So what you're complaining about is not that the response was from offshore, but that the offshore call centre refused to talk to you because you couldn't answer any standard security questions, and you're not even the account holder?

It's a rare day when I have good words for VM's offshore customer service, but I'm very pleased to hear they take data protection seriously.  And if you give it some thought, so should you be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

so insightful person who onviously a Virgin media apologist. If you read it and the responses why me and my wife could answer the security qujestions cos mthat was 20 years ago ( Tewenty Years...,2 decades, around the millenium in the days of NTLWORLD.....) does that answer your question Yes I do know security security but you can only ask questions you can get the answers to after 20 years! So your point is? Why could they not have a dialogue on a English UK based e-mail customer service advisor where we could talk i9n our native idion mano-mano?

If there are UK based customer reps why did they not pass me on  to one...deliberayely pratting me about until my phone battery went dead...oh so am,using. All you came up withmouthingh platitudes and blaming us for 20 years of forgetful ness and this is computer number 4 since then so many of any notes we took TWENTY YEARS AGO hyas gone toi that great recycle bin the sky. So instead of telling me how stupid I am why don't you do Virgin's work for them and contact UK British based customer services on my pathetic behalf.  Maybe your hjust a bot?   Have you ever tried 150 and none of the moptions is what you want...obviously not...noi matter what the machine said I ignored until after 10+ plus I got India calling.

So insightful person  I think, if you really are, you could get me mano-mano with UK virgin media customer services so the Indian Robotic workers get a rest and I can get things done instead of talking to insightful person who only blames me for not remermbvering stuff 20 years ago and 4 computers later.  THINK ON THiS oh! INSIGHTFUL ONE  ps why are certain tags like mis-serviuce not allowed? It's not anti trans, homophobic, racist,  anti-LBTQ+ no its nto conform to Virgin media censorship.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why should offshore pass you onto UK staff, when they have exactly the same facilities & access to the same systems. UK staff will only ask you the same questions as offshore do. You are talking to the same company with the same security policies.

As for us, we are just other customers like you trying to be of assistance. If you read the signature at the bottom of my posts you would have known that. This is a customer driven forum. The staff only act as a backup.

But, as you seem determined to be obnoxious to anyone who doesn't tell you exactly what you want to hear I will give no further assistance on this thread.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any issues that other community users (VIP or otherwise) may be able to help with?

If you do - then post some details and someone may be able to help.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I'm aware that this is in the Natter section so there are no on or off topics but as it's still a part of our Forum, please remain respectful towards each other and see this link for our Forum rules and etiquette. If it continues, we may have to lock this thread.

@Johnny65 our Very Insightful Members are here to offer any advice they may have. If there is something they can help you, they're able to escalate things to us so we can help you quicker for example. They also don't hesitate in letting us know where we can be better. 

Thanks,

Lisa

Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes and what a patronising forum name NATTER! is.... Sounds like trivial bag of wind. I have a complaint about INSIGHTFUL persons who have not read or understood my original post, nor despite being INSIGHTFUL got any answers.

All I want...and then I will leave you alone is access to a UK Based Virgin Media Customer services to we can e mail or telephone mano-mano. That's all I ask not to be condermned as stupid by INSIGHTFUL persons.

Dear Lisa can you get UK Based Virgin Media to contact me, you seem to want to censor me when INSIGHTFUL persons seem to be Virgin apologists, so do something positive.

Thanbk you John [Deleted] BSc Pharmacy 2:1 honours Pharmacology reg number [Deleted] MRPharm S, BA History, MA Matetrial Culture, PhD Numismatics & Material Culture:The Athenian Stephanophores c 164 BC to Marcus Antonius c 42BC. Lecturer ( Rtd.) University of  Warwick Classics Stupid is what stupid does.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thread locked. Please see Forum rules