Menu
Stevo1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why is your customer service so appalling??

I have a complaint that has been outstanding since January of this year and hasn't been resolved. although that is a side issue at the moment.

My services were disconnected by Virgin in August 2019.  When I called to query why my services weren't working they said it was because I'd called them to ask to be disconnected.  When pushed for details they said the request had been made at a time when I was on holiday out of the country.  They reconnected me so all good?  No, I didn't receive a bill in August and was told that I'd be paying £300+ in September for a contract that was previously £86.50 per month.  Called on Monday and after 1 hour of explaining and being placed on hold learnt that Virgin had put me on a new 12 month contract from reconnection in August at an increased monthly sum.  The chap I spoke with promised he'd resolved it by putting me back on my original contract and promised a manager would call me to confirm.  No phone call so called back again on Wednesday, call again lasting over 1 hour.  Lady I spoke with promised me she'd resolved my issue by putting me on a new 12 month contract, with free unlimited sim card extra, with a £50 discount for 12 months.  She said there was a fault with her system finalizing the contract but she had emailed her manager to finish the process Thursday morning.  she too promised me her manager would email me Thursday to confirm all had been sorted.  Surprise, surprise no email and no resolution.  Your customer service levels really are pathetic!!! 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is your customer service so appalling??

Hi Stevo1977,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of this issue and I would like to help get this sorted for you.

I'll drop you a PM now to discuss further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mystee
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No kidding .... APPALLING Customer Service. Workers who can barely speak English for the most part.  AND Richard Branson's need to put our payments up so that he can continue to dabble in bloody politics. He has NO RIGHT TO be charging us so that he can treasonously pay Gina Miller and ilk to put a spike in the wheel that is trying to give the MAJORITY of this Country what they voted for. BREXIT! .... he keeps sticking his dirty little elitist nose in where it is not wanted. ... and we, the CUSTOMERS of Brexit are paying for it, with his extra increases.

In ONE MONTH, despite me not using ANY services, I have now had ANOTHER BLOODY INCREASE of over £3.00.  I did not get any increases from my incoming money, so wth! How am I supposed to keep affording this.  More and MORE people are getting **bleep** off at the shoddy customer service from Virgin Media. Putting up prices and giving less and less service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mystee,

I am sorry you feel this way. All agents who answer the phones can both speak and understand English. 

Prices are subject to change with a fair notice period, as listed in the terms and conditions of your contract (http://virg.in/legals). The price increase is to help us continue to help improve and develop our services and products in the future. Small increases keep our network maintained and grow the services that we all love.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Mystee wrote:

No kidding .... APPALLING Customer Service. Workers who can barely speak English for the most part.  AND Richard Branson's need to put our payments up so that he can continue to dabble in bloody politics.

Richard Branson doesn't own or operate Virgin Media. It is owned by Liberty Global, a large American cable company. They simply licence the Virgin name.

Mystee
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was not notified of this increase.  It makes a mockery of any "reductions" I get for the near 20 years I have remained LOYAL to and been with Virgin Media. Through all its incarnations. NTL, Telewest ... etc.

And ... given the amount of issues I go through ... bad internet, even whilst having the 100MB connection, which disconnects all the time, and sometimes I even end up without internet.  HOW is that improving your service? I do not see any improvements when it takes ages to get a person to answer, you have to go through multiple "press this" options, which are blooming frustrating, and you have to deal with cheap labour in foreign countries. Then when you NEED to have a technician you wait days. BUT ... can often see them sitting in the local cafe having their breakfast or lunch ...

0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Mystee wrote:

I was not notified of this increase.  It makes a mockery of any "reductions" I get for the near 20 years I have remained LOYAL to and been with Virgin Media. Through all its incarnations. NTL, Telewest ... etc.

And ... given the amount of issues I go through ... bad internet, even whilst having the 100MB connection, which disconnects all the time, and sometimes I even end up without internet.  HOW is that improving your service? I do not see any improvements when it takes ages to get a person to answer, you have to go through multiple "press this" options, which are blooming frustrating, and you have to deal with cheap labour in foreign countries. Then when you NEED to have a technician you wait days. BUT ... can often see them sitting in the local cafe having their breakfast or lunch ...

You had some sympathy from myself until that last line. Are they not allowed to have a break or eat **bleep**! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mystee,

Sorry to hear of this. Every customer impacted by the increase was sent either a letter or an email. I am sorry you didn't receive yours.

Have you spoken to the team recently regarding your account price? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos