cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Virgin Media TV package has TNT Sports included?

Two_Flix
Tuning in

I have just been "upgraded" from a Maxit TV package to the new Mega Volt TV package and now I can't access the TNT Sports channel unless I Pay an extra £18 a month.

Can someone explain how this an upgrade?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TNT Sports are premium-channels except on Maxit where they're included. What were the circumstances around your package being changed?

The only difference between Maxit & Mega is that TNT Sports is not included in Mega.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My contract was running out and the price was due to go up by £70, when I phoned about the increase I was informed that by upgrading to Mega TV it would keep the cost down. I looked online and TNT isn't included in any of the packages that were available to me (Maxit is no longer an option).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed so. Maxit has now been retired and is a legacy package. Sounds like you had a very generous discount.

You would now need to negotiate to include TNT Sports in your bundle as a premium add-on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kracker
On our wavelength

It’s happening to a lot of people at the end of current contracts, myself included, I called up to renew and specifically stated I wanted to keep TNT Sports and two different agents said my new package would include TNT but once I agreed I lost access to TNT along with a lot of other people who have been lied to by the sales agents and all we are told is it’s our fault for not checking the contract, even though the sales agents say it is included when they sign you up!

I was mislead when I started my contract that has just finished after 18 months.... said I didn't want sports but then found out it was at a cost. Some people say it is misleading, others say it may be fraudulent . Have tried to negotiate new package, gave been offered 20% reduction to keep same package but Agents don't seem to recognise this and don't allow me to remove parts that I don't want. Wouldn't it be great to have something simple for customers and Agents who don't seem to be allowed to go off script (which still seems to include BT Sports, not TNT Sports)