Menu
elbmek
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which Magazine

I have just got an email from Which Magazine and it claims the VM is one of the FOUR worst in the country. How the hell do they arrive at this? I did email them with the below:

I have been with VM since day 1, and telewest before that. I have had problems yes, but nothing that wasnt fixed by a phone call to support, and QUICKLY.

I am on 350+MB, going up from 30MB at the start all those eons ago. I have had the odd breakdown with the routers, VM fixed within a couple of days with a new one.

I also have VM landline and mobiles - no problem.

I have tivo tv and again, hardly a glitch (not counting upgrades in street). Recently my Tivo refused to let me into On Demand, a quick phone call, a flick of a switch, a reboot and I was up and running.

Happy? Damn right EXCEPT - they closed down our local VM shop, and we had to go into Bham to their shop there. Then they closed it down and the nearest is over 30 miles from my home - sod that. Customer service BIG LET DOWN.

Please - Look After the Customer, or you have no Company.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which Magazine

It's done by surveys. Peoples' biggest gripes with VM are price rises, router problems and periods without an internet connection. It's a fact that VM can be slow - as in weeks or months - to resolve broadband problems. And to compound problems VM's customer service can be notoriously bad.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which magazine lost any real credibility they had a long time ago.
i tend to ignore all survey results, regardless if it's a good or bad result. it's mostly entirely meaningless other than making a good headling.

notice how almost every ISP has won an award for being the best? surely they can't all be the best?
somehow they also have the "best router".
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i take many of which's surveys with a pinch of salt. i've told them before their representative portion of the uk isn't representative. one survey they did was for only 500 people out of 62 million uk people.

usually with which the big names are up there as the 'worst' and which's best bet is some company you have never heard of before.

yes things go wrong with virgin, but if it was as bad as which make out then this forum would be in meltdown. the same applies with virgins big competitor and their forum.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My favourite Which? story is them criticising ISP's for introductory offers that rise up to 40 odd percent after year 1.

Which.png

I make that a 1075% increase after one month. Pot , Kettle etc

However I would second your slant on customer service, its gone downhill recently for sure.

0 Kudos
elbmek
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. It must be 500 people in Cornwall they ask, who do not have VM because VM says it too expensive to lay county wide cables for a few thousand people who may, or may not, want it. Anyway, my own personal experiences are above, apart from the matter of their shops, or lack of. If as prob, no matter how small, I pick up my virgin phone and dial 150, after the damn robots I speak to someone and get a resolution.

Please - Look After the Customer, or you have no Company.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which? The magazine that often surveys less than 1000 people, sometimes less than 100 and then says blows up the results through flawed calculations to say they surveyed every single person in the UK to get to their headline % results.