Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Water coming from CATV box

88FED30E-B9B8-4A52-8D2D-AB2839C60869.jpeg

669AAAF4-FA05-4388-8970-4A085E23BD4E.jpeg

1A203504-83DD-410A-BACA-7DB2ED74C860.jpeg

F301F9DE-00CC-47C4-B4F6-D08CAD0D75D2.jpeg

 hi 

I’m at the end of my street but I constantly get water coming out of the CATV box outside my house, it gets dangerous in the winter when it freezes, why is this happening and what can be done to get it sorted?

thanks

matt

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Water coming from CATV box

Report the water leak to your local water company. Looks like a leaking pipe underground. The water will probably just be finding an easy way to the surface via the CATV duct.

If you are on a water meter fed direct from the street, might be worth checking your water readings with everything in your property shut off to check the leak is not coming from your side of any water meter, if you have one.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It could just be water coming down VM ducts, might not be a water board issue

goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jb66 wrote:

It could just be water coming down VM ducts, might not be a water board issue

Could be. I read the 'constantly'in #1 as meaning 'all the time'. Re-reading, I guess it could also mean 'regularly'! Does seem to be a lot of water in the pic's though coming from the cover plate onto otherwise very dry surrounding ground!

0 Kudos
Mj4
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for the reply’s, yes I did mean regularly sorry, it’s not all the time probably 80 - 90% of the time, if it is just rain water coming down the channel is it virgins responsibility to correct it? It’s aannoying and dangerous in the winter.

thanks

matt

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is a lot of surface concreting there the water can’t get past, so the tee point is the weakest point in the surrounding area. You will need to call the water company responsible for your area. They will open the covers to the surrounding meters & put a listening pole onto the pipe. From there they can hear where the leak is located (if there is one)& will dig to the pipe from directly above. No need for Virgin to get involved unless there is damage to their duct, or the cause is ground water or rain runoff.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks