Menu
Albatraous
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Warning: Virgin Media are not compliant with GDPR!

I have reported this to them several times, but it is still ignored.

I have requested to only be contacted by email, and do not wish to receive any sales or marketing material, yet still continue to get calls.

I have raised this as a concern several times, but only get ignored, then harassed with phone calls, despite blocking the number. I am currently getting 3 calls a day showing on my phone from this blocked number.

Anyone else experience a similar misuse of their data?

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Warning: Virgin Media are not compliant with GDPR!

Hi @Albatraous 

I'm sorry for the continued marketing contacts you're receiving.

When we update your preferences, it can take 60 days for this to filter through fully. Have you recently changed your preferences? If so it's likely that the process is still ongoing. If not then we can look at this further for you.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Albatraous
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I have mentioned marketing as this was a previous issue, I am getting 3 calls a day due to a complaint I raised, not marketing calls.
They still haven't emailed me about my complaints, despite this being the communicated method I agreed to.
0 Kudos
Albatraous
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I also opted out of marketing when I first joined, but when I have checked today, someone has turned this on without my permission.
0 Kudos
Albatraous
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Any comment on why your complaints team do not follow GDPR?
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Albatraous wrote:
Any comment on why your complaints team do not follow GDPR?

GDPR doesn't handle the complaints team calling you, by phone is the preferred method of communication because its faster to deal with them, why exactly don't you want to speak with them on the phone about this issue? i mean you made the complaint, that presumably means you want some form of resolution, and phone is the best method for this

The GDPR only prevents unsolicited communication, by raising a complaint you're giving them permission to contact you via any method as you have solicited a service from them

Albatraous
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

GDPR covers ALL use of customer data.If I do not wish to speak over the phone, that is my choice. As a company, they have to respect this. What is the point of having the preferred method of communication on your complaints form if they are going to ignore it?

Do you really think it is acceptable for them to not only ignore this simple request to email me, but to harass me 3 times a day? I would have thought the number being blocked and having no voicemail would give them the hint to try an alternative form of communication.

I cannot take calls at work during the week and they have lied to me before over the phone, so I want any communication as an email so there is proof of what was said.

It is very poor customer service for a complaints team to completely ignore the customers communication preference, especially when the issue raised has been about a data breach.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

preferred method != only method

Albatraous
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

They should at least try it once, especially when I have put on the comment "cannot take calls".
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

seems like you are being purposely obstructive, one wonders why.
besides, having an email is hardly rock solid proof of anything. emails can easily be doctored to suit any argument (on both sides).