Menu
Roger_Gooner
Problem sorter
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin worst provider - definitely been my experience

Many big companies take customer feedback very seriously - but you think they are wasting their time.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
0 Kudos
chenks
Well-informed
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

i'm sure they do, but just because some comes up with a set of stats doesn't mean you should take them as gospel.

personally i don't think Which are a credible source, and i would be saying that no matter who they ranked as best or worst.

my previous ISP, Plusnet, continually said they won award for customer service, but their customer service was rank rotten. so who is giving them the awards?
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

' i don't think Which are a credible source'

they used to be but their sample rates are so low now. there was one the other day about something. the sample rate was for a generic question and the sample was 1000. so that is 1000 versus 60 million. that is not representative of the uk.
0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The complaints data was released by Ofcom. Which just did a report about it.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/latest-telecoms-and-pay-tv-complaints-...

0 Kudos
chenks
Well-informed
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

ofcom !!!! now that's laughable.
if there has even been a more inept "regulator" then i'd like to see one.
0 Kudos
sunderam
Tuning in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Reports may be irrelevant or arguable, but actual service provision is not. I have been double charged, my friend unilaterally cut off from his contract (which he is actually quite relieved about ultimately as he can go to a better provider). I am still chasing funds taken. I have been corresponding by email and then it seems despite knowing I am out of the country they switch to letters. Purported refunds can only give given by cheque despite payments made by direct debit and bank details furnished? Similarly complaints in full only to an address in Wales. Not by email or phone.

Please don't tell me this is the approach of a company committed to customer service. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sunderam.

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear about this situation.

We'd only usually take a double payment for your first bill. When you've been in touch previously, has it been explained what you've been charged for specifically - or what has caused this to happen? 

Tom_F

0 Kudos