Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Virgin worst provider - definitely been my experience

DreamOfCheese
Superfast
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin worst provider - definitely been my experience

Assuming this post is in relation to Virgins broadband services you should likely read the article, Virgin Media have below average complaints per 100,000 customers for broadband, their rank as most complained is for their pay-monthly mobile service.
0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@DreamOfCheese wrote:
 their rank as most complained is for their pay-monthly mobile service.

which is really a complaint about EE by proxy, as virgin don't even have their own mobile network.

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Superfast
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:

@DreamOfCheese wrote:
 their rank as most complained is for their pay-monthly mobile service.

which is really a complaint about EE by proxy, as virgin don't even have their own mobile network.

Yet EE are somehow the second lowest complained, might be the lack of the 800MHz band and Wi-Fi Calling on VM compared to EE. Can't really think of anything else obvious.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It has little to do with EE's network.

"Driving the majority of gripes about Virgin Mobile was its complaints-handling service, followed by issues with billing, prices and charges, and changing provider."

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

It has little to do with EE's network.

"Driving the majority of gripes about Virgin Mobile was its complaints-handling service, followed by issues with billing, prices and charges, and changing provider."

except that prices and charges are everything to do with EE, as virgin buy the bandwidth off EE at a set price, virgin then add a profit percentage on top of it. so unless virgin are to run it at a loss then the cost of EE of to supply the bandwidth is very much relevant.

unless you know the reasons for every complaint then you can't say that EE has absolutely nothing to do with it. maybe they dont, maybe they do.
this is the problem you get with all MVNO's, they are simply a reseller with a lower priority on that network than the parent customers. end-users don't understand that and majority of times don't want to understand that.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Your argument is undermined by the fact that Tesco Mobile (which relies on O2) and ID Mobile (Three) have respectively only one and five complaints respectively per 100,000 subscribers compared with Virgin Mobile's 11. It's how you manage your business that matters and Virgin Mobile is doing poorly.

--
0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

unless the report drills down to what the complaints were about then it's meaningless.
i'm sure we've had a discussion before about these "which" reports. do they count all complaints received regardless if they were even valid? or do they filter out the complaints that had no basis and should be ignored?

how many of the complaints were network related and how many weren't?
how many of the complaints were resolved completely and how many weren't.

x amount per x thousand customers is totally meaningless as a number (and that's for any provider).
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Everything you say applies to all providers, it's like bad luck in a match for a football team but it more or less balances out at the end of a season and each team's position in the final table pretty much represents how good or bad they were. So, when a company such as Virgin Mobile, Vodafone or TalkTalk is consistently bad the situation should be taken seriously by its directors.

--
0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Everything you say applies to all providers

and you'll see that i did say that.

the point i'm making is that with all the "which" style reports you never see the actual detail, you just see a fairly meaninginless number.
I've said before, just because someone complains doesn't make them right. how many of the complaints made weren't valid? were those complaints disregarded?

people should pay zero attention to these "which" style reports, they mean nothing. and that applies to all providers.

0 Kudos