Menu
alanhebb
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Virgin prices are going up again,

Virgin prices are going up again, they're just taking the **bleep** now!!! no one has any money!!

Tags (1)
tinkermojoman
Dialled in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin prices are going up again,

Probably that`s why they`ve done it in now. Either pay up or try to move to another provider. That`s if you can talk to someone in a call centre. Have a read of comments on this website  Virgin Media Outage: Current Problems and Outages • Is The Service Down? UK     

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well lets be honest, VM's motto is,

'Prices up, service quality down' (and down...and down..)

It's been like that from the day they took over Ntl/Telewest...🤑 and it sure ain't gonna get better, that's for sure...

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@HughJarsse wrote:

Well lets be honest, VM's motto is,

'Prices up, service quality down' (and down...and down..)

It's been like that from the day they took over Ntl/Telewest...🤑 and it sure ain't gonna get better, that's for sure...

Except that VM never took over NTL/Telewest.  Virgin Media was created when NTL and Telewest merged and bought out Virgin mobile from the Virgin group.  The new group was named Virgin Media via a licencing agreement to use the 'Virgin' name.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

With the price increases will there be a cancellation fee as the last time I hade a contract with VM was in 2018. I would change provider, but can't untill I move as only provider of Internet In my street over 1mb is currently VM. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

you can cancel within 1 month of being notified under the T&C
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Read all the details about price rises, it’s looks as if BT prices could be going up more than VM, but not necessarily at the same time period.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have just received the notice that my Virgin Media bill will be going up from March 1 by a significant amount, a multiple of current inflation. The rationale seems to be 'because we are constantly investing in our network'. Well, one would expect a broadband provider to invest in its network but there are different ways to finance investment including raising money from shareholders or borrowing. Jacking up prices way beyond inflation is not the only way. 

Am I going to get a noticeably better service for my money? Given my regular but probably narrow use of the network, I doubt it. One area I use a great deal is e-mail but this is an area in which VM is apparently less interested in.

So stump up or stump off? I can go with no cancellation fees before March 1 but to whom? And how seamlessly could a move be achieved during a national pandemic lockdown when, among other things, VM's customer services are under pressure? 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@ahrbee wrote:

I have just received the notice that my Virgin Media bill will be going up from March 1 by a significant amount, a multiple of current inflation. The rationale seems to be 'because we are constantly investing in our network'. Well, one would expect a broadband provider to invest in its network but there are different ways to finance investment including raising money from shareholders or borrowing. Jacking up prices way beyond inflation is not the only way. 

Am I going to get a noticeably better service for my money? Given my regular but probably narrow use of the network, I doubt it. One area I use a great deal is e-mail but this is an area in which VM is apparently less interested in.

So stump up or stump off? I can go with no cancellation fees before March 1 but to whom? And how seamlessly could a move be achieved during a national pandemic lockdown when, among other things, VM's customer services are under pressure? 

It's well known that you can contact VM, which I did over the weekend, to reduce your package down to a reasonable level, as long as you are willing to sign a new contract for 18 months.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@ahrbee wrote:

And who do you go too. BT have just announced their inflation busting price rises for this year (4.5%):

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1387779/BT-Broadband-Price-Rise-This-Is-How-... 

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks