Menu
Jawdanmia2010
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media van parked dangerously

Hi can anyone help?? I have a virgin media van parked next to my driveway which is on a bend, I cant see when trying to get off my drive & as a result I've smashed the back of my car getting off my drive, this van is parked dangerously on a bend which common sense would tell you not to do. Also my partner was driving down the road about to turn right into the driveway & almost had a head on collision with another car coming up the road as the car was on the wrong side of the road trying to get round the van, this van needs moving as it's now cost me an expense I intend to take this matter further & police have been informed, next time it could be a person who is hit.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media van parked dangerously

common sense or illegal?

If its illegally parked contact the police.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As Apcyberax points out if the van is causing on obstruction refer it to the police.

Your post implied you damaged your car when backing out of your drive into a road.  When I learnt to drive this was against the rules of the Highway Code.  using-the-road-reversing 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

and if you damage your care that is on you. Ita taught that you are in control of your car if you hit something that's on you,

How did you damage your car. I'm assuming you hit something

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This post doesn't look good from you & your wifes point of view, you damaged your car, if there is an obstruction caution and a very low speed should apply to all parties, if the van was illegally parked then its a police matter.
0 Kudos