Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don't seem to want to keep customers?

Had an email that we're now out of contract and just rang wanting to have broadband added and basically a new package deal ( Big Bundle)  Currently have TV and home phone and paying ridiculous price considering no internet. Apparently the only offer we can have is a bigger TV package and inclusive calls? (£71.00) Wth! Neighbours have ultrafast fibre broadband and we know address can have nearly every broadband out there, so that leaves us thinking basically virgin don't want customers and couldn't give a sh** . Over 10 years a customer soon to be ex customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin don't seem to want to keep customers?

they do want customers, but aren't going to bend over backwards offering heavily discounted prices to existing customers just to keep them - and quite rightly so.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Since you've not got VM broadband, why not cancel your existing VM package, and 31 days later apply online for a broadband and TV package as a new customer?  You'd have to survive on Netflix or Prime and terrestrial TV for that month, but surely you'd manage?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the cheapest package with TV phone and internet is £56. that's only M50 internet, Mixit TV and Phone

what services were you offered for £71?

apcyberax_0-1603034366778.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

90 days to be a new customer

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Didn't ask for any discounted prices. Requested a new package that included broadband. Our current package is TV large and talk weekends at £37. Pretty similar to big bundle but we have no internet? Advisor said he could only offer some sort of bigger TV package and inclusive calls on the home phone because we're not a new customer. No offer or discussion of anything else from him.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

For £71 it was upgrade the TV package to some sort of bigger package (couldn't quite make out what that was) and the home phone to have full inclusive calls.

Home phone is barely used anyway. 

I don't know why he didn't even discuss adding broadband to what we have already. Took that long getting through I'm really put off. Customer service used to be easier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

sounds like it was the big bundle.

Maybe that is the only one that would keep your internet speed at what you have

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Lol, I don't have any internet at all. I wanted to upgrade and have broadband. Big bundle is what I was interested in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm new to using the forums so might have messed up replying correctly. Don't know why my post is marked as " solved", but thanks to those who replied helpfully and didn't make presumptions that Id been looking for discount. I can only presume I had the most unhelpful or inexperienced advisor.... Not a lot I can do when I can't get to speak to somebody who understands the whole thing.

0 Kudos