Menu
unhappyconsumer
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are 1/5 star on TrustPilot - be wary!

Please read the reviews here:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/store.virginmedia.com

Before deciding to sign up to this service.

Open to any questions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin are 1/5 star on TrustPilot - be wary!

BT no better
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/bt.com
---------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@unhappyconsumer Actually they're up at a heighty 2.2 out of 5 now on their main Trustpilot listing.  However, if you go into the detail of the transparency ratings, you'll see evidence that's only because the company are actively soliciting favourable reviews, whereas most competitors aren't (yet).  That's a very VM approach: "Sir! Sir! The customer review data is unfavourable!" "Then change the data, you dolt!".  One consequence is that the absolute number of critical complaints has jumped about fourfold, but because the company, probably rightly, think that nobody reads the detail that doesn't appear to worry VM.

However, I suspect you are in danger of having your posts moderated away or your forum account cancelled due to this and one or two other "broadcast" posts you've made.  By all means respond to users who have a problem, and be as politely critical as you want of VM.  But this is a help forum, and trying to use it as a platform to make your displeasure with VM public isn't helping anybody.  It's a low read count forum, so if you're determined to shout out what a rubbish company VM is then you'd be better off on Twitter or holding a placard in the street.  And for other customers, they're coming here in the hope of getting some form of help tailored to their problem rather than read opinions.  

If it's any consolation, I used to hold forth from a "voluble dissatisfied customer" attitude, but I came to the realisation that if I disliked VM (net of all cost/performance considerations) so much then my best option was to take my business elsewhere.  Turns out VM wasn't bad enough to make me jump, despite its failings.  And if I wanted to both help, and keep some slight but unrelenting pressure on the issues that VM need to attend to, best thing for me was to engage with the issues of customers who have problems, and try and get them a solution, either by helping actually fixing the problem they have, holding VM to account, referring on to CISAS or highlighting other options like finding another ISP.

Believe it or not, you are welcome here if you're willing to invest the time in helping others and being critical where it is merited, whether you want to spend time in that way is up to you.  If you're still committed to canvassing against VM, then you might as well get on the streets with a placard saying "Down with Virgin Media", or establish a new political party committed to the reform of Virgin Media and the shaving of Branson's scruffy beard (not that he has any involvement with VM).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andrew but I'm not with Virgin Media, I'm with Hyperoptic.

unhappyconsumer
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

They keep moving posts that simply provide detail of how to complain and how to make a DSAR 😞

Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You used to be a VM customer, weren't happy and has moved to Hyperoptic. Fair enough, this is what the competitive market is all about as especially as you've got a contract with an FTTP provider. However you're still not happy, can't let go and you've made a ridiculous post. Existing customers who cannot get their problems resolved might get compensation, can leave at the end of their contract period or leave early and pay the early disconnection fee, new customers have a 14-day cooling off period during which they can leave for free. Nobody needs moaners like you stirring up trouble. 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

You used to be a VM customer, weren't happy and has moved to Hyperoptic. Fair enough, this is what the competitive market is all about as especially as you've got a contract with an FTTP provider. However you're still not happy, can't let go and you've made a ridiculous post. Existing customers who cannot get their problems resolved might get compensation, can leave at the end of their contract period or leave early and pay the early disconnection fee, new customers have a 14-day cooling off period during which they can leave for free. Nobody needs moaners like you stirring up trouble. 

they come and they go - he is not the first and will not be the last - imo because of the nature of this place he will be mostly ignored and hopefully become bored and call it a draw - its his time he is wasting talking to very few

Tony
0 Kudos
AlexanderMTTH
Up to speed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post. Ok, fair enough, I had a look at what you said.

I do not think they reflect an overarching objective reality. Crossed people broadcast their unhappiness more than contented people. It's an innate human behaviour (https://assets.csom.umn.edu/assets/71516.pdf)- plus the "CEO Complaints" approach where a larger crowd of people started contacting the CEO Office to complain about "appalling service" increased to an excruciating degree due to people self-inflated perception of their own importance in the economical chain of a company with 14.6 million broadband customers.

If all those people on TrustPilot have a 100% valid case, with absolute truth on their side, given by God, (I'm no staying they don't, buddy, in case reading between the lines doesn't always work) those are 50.365 people reviewing VM's 14.6 m subscribers, representing 0.34% from the clients' population.

As an exercise, let's say 1 in 10 unhappy people complain and write reviews, there are 10x more unhappy clients there, that can't be bothered than 503.650 unhappy people would've stated their experience, meaning 3.4% of the clients demographic.

Hope this zoom out gives you and other readers a bit of perspective over these reviews.

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
unhappyconsumer
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why is a link to Trustpilot ridiculous? Most companies include this on their frontpage - I guess you're not a fan of transparency. 

0 Kudos
AlexanderMTTH
Up to speed
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Glad you read and understood my post.
Thanks and regards,
Alexander
0 Kudos