Menu
Steve1701
Rising star
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Survey Pop-up

Firstly, apologies, I wasn't sure where to post this:

Has anyone else been getting a pop-up to take part in a survey?

It started early last night, and despite clicking 'No Thanks' every time, the pop-up returned within a few minutes. Same again this morning, I had refused to do the survey over 30 times since last night, finally, I gave in and completed the questions.

Surprise surprise, the thing has popped up yet again minutes later! 😠

It's asking me to 'tell us what you think' and given my frustration I might just do that ... It doesn't take you to an outside company running surveys and has the Virgin logo on the new window. I've run full antivirus & malware scans but it's still appearing.

Any thoughts ladies and gentlemen ??? 

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
0 Kudos
Steve1701
Rising star
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Survey Pop-up

Sorry, forgot to add this image re the above issue:

Capture.JPG

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
0 Kudos
goslow
Wise owl
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can't see your image when typing this but assume you are referring to the pesky forum feedback survey.

This has been discussed in a couple of past topics. When it keeps appearing, it is like having malware on your device.

You can try accepting cookies at the top of the forum page and then clicking 'No' when the survey appears. In theory, this should stop it for 90 days (according to the info in the posts below). Alternatively, try an ad-blocker.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Feedback-surveys/m-p/4691405

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Can-the-quot-feedback-request-quot-mechanism-b...

0 Kudos
Steve1701
Rising star
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi goslow,

Thank you for your reply, the image should be there now, it had been up when I posted, but vanished, replaced by the 'Checking the Image' notice.

I can't see anywhere that says 'Accept Cookies' anywhere on the page. Not a fan of adblockers, maybe someone at Virgin should take another look at how the survey acts once clicking 'No' ... I would assume someone initially set up the questionnaire and decided on parameters if clicking Yes / No. I find it a little annoying that it is reappearing so frequently.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
0 Kudos
Steve1701
Rising star
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm,

I found 'Our Cookies' via Google and in settings accepted all of them, alas, 30 seconds later the survey reappeared.

It's frustrating having to constantly click to remove the thing, I might have to give the Community a miss for a while to see if the issue has been addressed.

😢

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
0 Kudos
goslow
Wise owl
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The cookies accept/reject options appear just above the big title header 'Virgin Media Community' at the top of the page viewing on a desktop browser (unless you have already accepted/rejected then you won't see it, in which case clear cookies for community.virginmedia.com which should return it to view). Once you have the cookies options back, choose 'Accept' and when the survey appears, choose 'No'. That should stop it for 90 days. That method works for me now but I have had variable success with it in the past so can't guarantee you a fix via that route, unfortunately. That is what is 'supposed' to happen AFAIK.

For anyone contributing regularly on the forum, it is just an annoyance IMO. It should be used in some other way, such as appearing when submitting a question or maybe as an option within a user's login settings to disable it permanently, or maybe just as a permanent link at the top of the forum page.

0 Kudos
goslow
Wise owl
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Steve1701 wrote:

Hmmm,

I found 'Our Cookies' via Google and in settings accepted all of them, alas, 30 seconds later the survey reappeared.

It's frustrating having to constantly click to remove the thing, I might have to give the Community a miss for a while to see if the issue has been addressed.

😢

If you accepted the cookies from the top of the forum page, then clicked 'No' when the popup appeared, that 'should' stop it for 90 days.

However, you'll see from my linked posts above that I have experienced periods of use when the survey popup has seemed totally out of control.

I don't imagine anyone will 'fix' it any time soon. It seems to work the same way across the Khoros platform inc the BT community forum.

Steve1701
Rising star
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey goslow,

Obviously my accepting cookies and clicking the 'accept cookies' on the forum page itself return differing results.

I did as you suggested and 'touch wood' the survey hasn't returned.

Thank you so much for your help, I was at the point where if I had hair it would be yanked out by now. I'm not sure if you mark questions resolved, remove them or just leave them, but thanks again 😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
asim18
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I think due to o2 now being involved with Virgin Media, there are more executives that need to be paid, so they are trying to cut corners to free up some cash to pay the execs. We must save the forums. The forums are the only place you can have a real conversation about issues with Virgin Media. If they get rid of the forums we will have nothing except zombies in call centres to help us lie to us.

ALF28
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

SURVEY/CUSTOMER FEEDBACK POP UP-tell us what you think

I am getting this on the community web page frequently, and a similar one have had on  the virgin media website.

This can appear several times during each login to the community, and even if I complete the feedback form, which I have done several times it pops up the next day.

Also I often get an email from virgin, asking to complete a survey, usually after communication with virgin.

This often happens with my phones, where they send a survey after contact and most companies do this now, with the usual mark from 1 to 10

Although this can be a good method to provide feedback after contact, if you choose to do that, contant surveys can be a nuisance and should not be random which seems to be the case lately.

I usually accept the cookie promt which comes up most times I log in.

I have pop up's blocked but that does not stop the survey pop up's.

I think it is part of javascript, which is needed for the web page to work.

I now usually ignore surveys as they just repeat the same questions over and over, and usually a place to put a message can be used for comment.

As there is no feedback from surveys the benefit is to the company only, or the person with whom I  communicated.

This need for surveys is to guage customer satisfaction, and easy to cancell the survey, if not required 6 or more times a day, it is like a virus.

P.S -Since posting the "tell us what you think" pop up has come up 3 times in 15 minutes- is there a way to switch it off.?

0 Kudos