Menu
spudsnall
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Support v Sky

I have had over the last 2 days 8 hours phone time to VM about a problem I had im not going into it. next to the last call they said they could not help me anymore. So i rang back again and a customer relations rep understood the jargon and fixed it. Sky have a method that if the Indian call center cannot fix it the call gets sent back to the UK. Anyone providing broadband should be able to fix it. now i am stuck in a contract till feb and sky have the most greatest offers ending in 2 days. Anyone having the same trouble should contact liberty global the owners of Virgin. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Support v Sky

Many of us empathise with your experience.  But that's what you get when you contract with a service supplier (for anything) without checking out general review sites (like Trustpilot) and industry review sites (in this case ISPReview). 

I can also conform that Sky/Now are far from beyond reproach, having hounded my father for a debt that was down to their system fault during the last weeks of his life.  Sky=Now=Scum.  There is no company I hate more than Sky (and I'm not captured by VM - check out some of my past comments on VM, I'm not shy of putting the boot in there).  And by being a Sky/Now customer, you're bankrolling that fine Murdoch chappy and his lovely, lovely family, so that's another reason to boycott them.

If you genuinely want an ISP with good support, then you need to focus on a shortlist of smaller ISPs, including names like CIX, IDNet, uno, Zen Internet, Aquiss, and AAISP.  They won't be offering the massively discounted offers of the big ISPs, on the other hand they won't be recovering that discount by subcontracting third world call centres.  If you do insist on being with a large company, consider BT, who have brought all customer contact back to the UK.  Whether that's good quality UK support or "computer says no" support I can't say.

EDIT: To add, Liberty Global don't care, in fact they are the root cause of the problem.  As an American owned and run corporation, they are obsessed by one thing, quarterly profits.  Not the long term.  Not the brand (which they don't own so don't care about).  Not customers. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would also point out that Virgins offshore call centre in India is currently not operating due to COVID. There may be some Phillipines support available but the vast majority of calls go to UK call centres at the moment.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Andrew-G wrote:

And by being a Sky/Now customer, you're bankrolling that fine Murdoch chappy and his lovely, lovely family, so that's another reason to boycott them.

not true any more.
you are bankrolling Comcast instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
spudsnall
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry the point is that foreign call centres cannot be classed as tech support. They don't know what an IP address is, and they think super Mario is going to jump out when a ddos attack is mentioned. I tried to explain it was more like a bowswer attack. My 9 year old grandson is more clued up.  as I have said they said there was nothing they could do. Now jason in customer relations solved it he should get a pay rise. I have a new ip and before I use it I am reloading everything just in case. So that leaves us with a good idea to name the support!!!!! Because tech support is not what you get.

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have Sky TV and Virgin Broadband. My own experience is that Sky customer service is far superior to VM. It is no surprise to me that Sky constantly attracts the fewest complaints to Ofcom compared to VM which is always near the top of the list for complaints (sometimes topping it).

And yes Sky has no connection to Murdoch anymore. 

0 Kudos
spudsnall
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah agree pal i am unsure about this but Sky is suppose to change ips regular. People should be aware that if you have a technical query your not going to get it. Now Because of my links to USA customer service which usually is top notch so address all your mails to the CEO of liberty global and dont waist your time on Virgin Media. I will post the emails in the coming days. 

0 Kudos