cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Street Cabinet Facelift - Mural

gpic87
Joining in

Currently where I live there is a program to enhance local areas by painting street furniture to blend into the environment. At the cost of the council they employ a local artist to paint murals on street furniture and infrastructure such as bus stops, telephony cabinets, under-passes etc. In order to do this they need to get permission from the owner or responsible party for the item. Where I live there are 2 Virgin street cabinets that would benefit from a facelift but we need to get approval for this to take place. Does anyone have a useful contact number/name in Virgin that I could pass on to the council?

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

All VM's cabinets are now coloured goose grey which might help to keep them cool. This colour helps to differentiate these cabinets from those of Openreach which are green.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Could this be the case for new cabs? These are original VM cabs but they are green not grey. These are the cabs that the VM engineers go to if there is an issue on the estate!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gpic87 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums!

It's great to hear that such an awesome initiative is happening in your area to make things look a little bit nicer. It's something we can certainly raise with our Networks Team, to see if it's possible.

As mentioned by Roger_Gooner, most of our newer cabinets are now grey rather than green to mitigate heat during those hot periods. However, we do still have green cabinets on our network, which can make differentiation of provider a little more difficult - however, we can certainly check if the cabinets you're referencing are owned by us.

I'm going to send you a private message, so I can assist further. Please look out for it in the white envelope, or the "Messages" tab when tapping your porifile picture.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ