Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media won't let me pay in instalment

So recently I lost a job and was forced to apply for Universal Credit. I don't have money and I really want to cancel my Virgin Media broadband contract but I have to pay full amount of £145 plus exit fee on top of that. I don't know how much the total will be but I'm guessing £350 and I don't have that much money to make a one time payment. 

Now I don't know when I will get the job and I'm really worried that Virgin Media will continue to charge me and put me in further debt. I really want to clear my debt in a monthly instalment but at the same time exit the contract so I don't rack up my debt.

Is there anyway to get out of this because this seems like a trap for people in my situation?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media won't let me pay in instalment

Naturally , sorry for your circumstances and loss of your job. VM will listen to reasonable suggestions for offers to clear your account and get back on track. They may be able to offer you a reduced level of broadband speed now you are on UC. That will keep your bills down. But you will have to contact them and contact them quickly to discuss, before the situation gets out of hand with additional penalties for late payment.  The issue cannot be dealt with via this Forum. Usual numbers 150/0345 454 1111 and select account/billing queries.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media won't let me pay in instalment

@ObserverYou wrote:

<snip>

Is there anyway to get out of this because this seems like a trap for people in my situation?

Have you had a look at this page for info.?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-missed-payment

There is an 0800 no. at the bottom for the 'Collections Team' but can't tell you if that route will be any better/easier than the regular numbers above.

Hope you are able to get something sorted out with VM.