Menu
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media putting false information in credit files is damaging peoples credit score

mistakes happen. there is no agenda or large scale issues.

my experiences - we had a uni student in for the summer at my old firm. they made one particular howler.

another lady of 20plus years service also messed someone's details up by reporting someone with the same name incorrectly.

apart from that the occasional minor issue. overall though, it was rare.

no explanation is likely to be forthcoming.

yes it is true that an error can cause major problems for someone financially such as refused mortgage/loan etc. in our firm the staff were reminded of the importance in being accurate. none were sacked or publicly shamed or shot at dawn. 

the advice previously given in the 'link' is the correct course of action. 

0 Kudos
Marvin-Max
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media putting false information in credit files is damaging peoples credit score

Typical game of playing down the seriousness and hiding incompetence of Virgin Media. Clearly you have very nonchalant attitude toward your customers. Perhaps we should highlight this in media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marvin-Max,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened.

It can take up to 28 days for the credit file amendment team to respond. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Marvin-Max
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Someone from VM here claimed that this is only silly, tiny, small and isolated clerk error. Oh is it?

Well, if it is isolated and we agreed it can have serious consequences why it can take Virgin Media 28 days to respond?

You clearly don't have procedures in place in your quality management process to handle that scenario. That is a bad and lousy management. Did you get any certification on your QM? Seems to me like your management structure is in shambles and you need to make serious personal changes in this structure if you want to keep up with global quality.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Marvin-Max wrote:

Someone from VM here claimed that this is only silly, tiny, small and isolated clerk error. Oh is it

no they didn't.

0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If your referring to me, first I'm not posting on behalf of VM in anyway, and secondly that's not what I said.

I said it had been actioned (as per your other posts linked above) and that you should move on and accept that mistakes can happen. You then made a point that you can find other posts on this board that are similar, and implied that this meant it was more of a bigger problem. I pointed out it was hardly unusual to find on a support forum other people who had similar issues as you, and this didn't mean there was a bigger problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marvin-Max

Very sorry that you've not been happy with our handling of this particular issue.

In regards to the 28 days process, this time frame is to do with how frequently the credit files are updated by the team

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Marvin-Max
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Do you move on after someone stabbed you in the back only because they politely and quietly removed the blade?

What business do you have to cover up this incident?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Marvin-Max wrote:

Do you move on after someone stabbed you in the back only because they politely and quietly removed the blade?

What business do you have to cover up this incident?

you have officially "jumped the shark".
i think we should all move on from this nonsense thread.