Menu
Marvin-Max
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media putting false information in credit files is damaging peoples credit score

As in a subject. Direct Debit, money went through. Credit score damaged by a false information provided by VM. No response from VM for 2 weeks (creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk).

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media putting false information in credit files is damaging peoples credit score

take it up with the credit record agency where the error is showing.
i don't think this public forum is the place for you to be discussing your credit record though.
0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media putting false information in credit files is damaging peoples credit score

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/My-credit-score-have-problem-from-V...

You say here its been fixed, what your asking for now is an explanation - and if they've found the "culprit".

Accept it was a genuine error and its been fixed, and move on.

Marvin-Max
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

As we can clearly see on this forum this is not an isolated 'genuine error'. This is for all to see, yes, I am crying about it. Genuine errors like this are not present in a proper products and this needs to be addressed and rectified. Affecting people's credit score is not a laughing matter.

0 Kudos
Marvin-Max
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That is not helpful. Pasting irrelevant, random links is not helpful.

0 Kudos
Marvin-Max
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Answering your insult "take it up with the credit record agency" my dear chenk, false information was fed by Virgin Media. 

Credit record agencies only relay that information, they don't create credit file. I am sure you can now put it right in your head.

0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Credit reference agencies can and do amend records, they all have a facility for doing so.

The fact that you can find other people who have had a similar experience on a support forum is hardly unusual. It doesn't show a broken system as you claim, only that mistakes happen from time to time.

And its hardly a random link when it links to more information on your issue, giving more context to your initial post.

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Marvin-Max wrote:

Credit record agencies only relay that information, they don't create credit file. I am sure you can now put it right in your head.

totally and utterly wrong

0 Kudos
Marvin-Max
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

wez, you are naive thinking that "mistakes happen", tell that to people on the plane or to people on a train. Mistakes of that magnitude cannot be swept under the carped. Credit score can cost you tens of thousands of pounds. That specific mistake is now systematic and Virgin Media is economic least to say with the explanation. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

i think we can all see that there is no point continuing to try and converse with the OP.
there is an agenda at play and any sane person would simply be wasting their time.

i'm out and i hope that others will follow.
0 Kudos