Menu
MrRoJangles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Alternative

Hello,

Getting too many instances of service failures with virgin media. Does anyone have any suggestions as for an alternative service? Currently using: broadband, TV and phone. 

Getting peed off waiting for 15-20 mins for customer service to answer the phone. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Alternative

if you want a speed equivalent ISP then you'll probably be out of luck, otherwise any openreach based ISP is available to you.

if you are wanting the same TV channels then you really only have Sky as an option for TV supplier.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
MrRoJangles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, speed no longer a factor since data hungry offspring have either moved out or heading to Uni. 

Will check options with Sky.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Asking the Virgin Media Community for alternatives to VM and expecting to get a sensible response is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? As for customer service waits you might have heard a rumour that virus is circulation which has meant that all business have put out warnings that phone line answering is a bit slow at the moment.  Actually it isn't a rumour and a virus is circulating which has lead to some degradation in service response times. VM isn't the worst offender and has recruited hundreds of additional people to try and put things right while its overseas call centres are out of action too. The rumour about the virus is there too.

But the straightforward answer to your question is that there is no practical alternative to VM if you want a fast cable connection. There are new operators on the scene like Hyperoptic and City Fibre but they are concentration on business and big cities. VM is the only player in town for a domestic service. TV and phone you can get from Sky and such like.

Now if you really do have a problem with the service you might want to do the sensible thing and post a precise account of what ails you in the appropriate part of the Forum and get help from the VM community and even the VM staff here(if needed). 

Otherwise off you go to a provider that uses BT Openreach. Good luck with that. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@HowardML wrote:

Asking the Virgin Media Community for alternatives to VM and expecting to get a sensible response is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

hope that's not suggesting that my response wasn't "sensible".
however one might say that your entire post is not becoming of a "VIP", and the standard of posting from such should be of a higher standard. one might suggest that your entire response was, at best, trolling.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You suggest what you like.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Forum status means nothing. unless people are being paid by VM and are under a legal contract they only have to follow the forum rules.

The mods can only enforce the rules and not feelings

MrRoJangles
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think you will find Covid 19 and call centre staff restrictions started in Jan 2020 (at the earliest). Customers service standards have been pitiful to sag the least. 

The request to this forum was to see if there were any thoughts on an alternative supplier that virgin media customers may have considered. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:

Forum status means nothing. unless people are being paid by VM and are under a legal contract they only have to follow the forum rules.

The mods can only enforce the rules and not feelings

indeed, it is entirely meaningless IMO, but clearly important enough for virgin to give said people an elevated "status" and a badge to show they have that status. i'm sure the forum rules say to remain respectful to all members and not troll.

however, let's not anyone (including a VIP) derail the thread.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"i'm sure the forum rules say to remain respectful to all members and not troll."

Respectful and trolling is a feeling. Its based on emotions. Your personal feelings are what makes you think a post is trolling or disrespectful. That is hard if not impossible to police.

0 Kudos