cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Brands

MrSlippery
Tuning in

Most of us have learnt our lesson in respect of Virgin Media. Just spent 15 minutes this evening on the telephone trying to speak to a human at VM  to report a fault.  I gave up.  Are there any other Virgin brands we should be aware of?  I can think of the obvious ones  -  Virgin Atlantic, 'This is the Captain speaking - the rumour that I am a bot is not true -  please have your memorable word ready for take off and to order your drinks.'   Virgin Money,  ' You want a withdrawal? Go to our FAQ page where you will be pointed in the right direction.  -   Virgin Records, ' Latest hit will be available to stream as we don't need the bother of making copies' and we can charge your VM account.'    Virgin Holidays,  'Join the young set before you grow old trying to get in touch with Virgin Media.'   Virgin Cruises  -  we're there for you when you are old and have given up trying to get jn touch with Virgin Media.'        

Any there more lurking out there?  

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I feel your pain. 

Although VM pays a licence fee to use the Virgin brand name it is actually owned by Virgin Media O2, a 50:50 joint venture between Liberty Global and Telefónica.

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Thanks   -   point I was trying to make is that perhaps the originator of the brand name would maybe like to be proud of it and not see it continually dissed by VM.

carl_pearce
Community elder

15 minutes isn't a very long time to wait to speak to VM.

It can take a few hours, or even next day if you are using the chat services.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don’t think you should think of them as ‘Virgin Brands’. They are all separate organisations that have just licensed the ‘Virgin’ name, ‘Brand’ in my mind refers to one organisation which they are not.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There was a report in the papers earlier this year about a legal case between the Virgin Brands and a company somewhere that had been licensing the name. I forget the reason for the case but the money involved was in the millions. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Virgin turns over a total £79 million licensing its brand. This is done on the basis of a percentage of total revenue with a guaranteed minimum. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here