cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor Wi-Fi in new home only get good reception in lounge but very poor elsewhere

martinHuggins
Joining in

Can anybody please advise me or help me I have recently moved into a new property and my Internet coverage in other rooms. Apart from the lounge is very poor. I’ve been told that I require Wi-Fi pod. How do I get one I’ve tried phoning many times but with no avail , please help me or give me ay advice. my contract with Virgin ends in two months time and if I can’t get this sorted I can’t see no point in paying for something that I can’t use after 20 years I will be leaving Virgin and going elsewhere. Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi martinHuggins,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the WiFi. 

Have you downloaded the Connect app? It will allow you to run through WiFi scans around the home and should prompt you towards a POD if needed.

Alex_Rm

g0akc
Problem sorter

Have a look atg the WiFi Max offering - see here 

and here 

Bear in mind they cost £8/month to rent, unless you have a qualifying package like the 1Gig.

It can be better to get an O2 mobile SIM so you qualify through the Volt package rather than paying the monthly charge - at least you get an extra mobile line that way.

Alternatively look at getting your own mesh system or better wireless kit - and use the VM hub in modem mode as appropriate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!