Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

VM installer cut existing freesat cables

I had a VM installation for tv and broadband done today and instead of doing a fresh install he simply cut and removed the twin cables for the existing freesat installation, pulled them out of the wall and used the existing drill hole for the new VM cable leaving my freesat chopped off outside. I didn’t discover this until after he’d left otherwise I’d have tackled him there and then.

This means I can no longer use the freesat if I want to and have cables left half way up the wall outside just hacked off. I’m absolutely fuming about it, surely the installer has no right to destroy an existing installation that’s nothing to do with VM?

I called VM who put me through to an Indian call centre who didn’t seem able to grasp the situation at all but said that they would refer it to the area manager and I’d be contacted within 48 hours.

Is it normal practice for an installer to hack out an existing and working alternative service like this and an I right to be upset? Advice appreciated please.

6BD4A190-EB0B-4BE8-9AD6-B0D63D161DE1.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM installer cut existing freesat cables

Hi Stinperk,

Sorry to hear about the cut Freesat cable following an installation and it's not what we like to hear.

I'm going to send you a Private Message asking for more details. Please reply back to it so I can investigate this.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos