cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM = O2

paulchambers061
Problem sorter

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet. The next step in the merger.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/your-move-to-o2

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"the move to O2 mobile plans will happen seamlessly"

Seamlessly is not a word many of us would associate with Virgin / O2😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No; come on; what could possibly go wrong? 😉

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The migration to O2 started over a year ago with Volt, and I suggest that broadband customers get a Volt deal before it expires.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jem101 wrote:

No; come on; what could possibly go wrong? 😉

Well, people are already complaining about the SIM Toolkit disappearing. It won't be needed on O2. But keep customers in the dark as to what's happening is a way of life.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

You seem to think that keeping customers in the dark is deliberate, but the more usual reason for this happening is just lack of basic communication skills. The directors of VM should be embarrassed as VM is, after all, a communications service provider.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Got to the stage when some of the advisors have got the message and other haven't.

Customers I feel sorry for. They were never informed of when they were changing network and why their signal changed and now they are being moved off Virgin's core network and onto O2 and wondering why certain features are not working.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well, here we are. 20 days into February and not one post on here or the O2 forum regarding being moved to O2

Have letters gone out or is there a hold?

O2 are struggling with their new account software though.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@enlli wrote:

Well, here we are. 20 days into February and not one post on here or the O2 forum regarding being moved to O2

Have letters gone out or is there a hold?

O2 are struggling with their new account software though.

As I recall, it was muttered semi-officially a while back that the O2 accounts were going on to Virgin Mobile's customer accounting systems, even though the O2 branding was staying and Virgin Mobile was disappearing.  Difficult to think of a more cack-handed way of doing it, but presumably that's because Virgin Mobile customer accounting is based on and linked to VM's broadband & TV business CRM (and the necessary changes to make it all work might also explain all the peculiar reports of late payment charges for direct debit customers).  I'd imagine O2's customer accounting system was pretty well refined and fit for purpose since it was designed for the sole purpose of supporting mobile customers, and moving to anything cobbled by VM for their half-hearted and cash constrained mobile operation would only ever result in tears. 

But this is how "synergies" of the merger are delivered.  A frightening thought for customers of both O2 and VM is that the company say they hit 30% of the merger's projected £540m savings by end of 2022.  Putting that another way, from where VMO2 are now they've still got to find a further £378m of annually recurring savings in operating costs.  I've not noticed any gold-plated activity that they can do more cheaply, so I have to wonder where those savings are going to come from, perhaps other forum members can suggest ideas.  To put £378m in perspective, that's over half of Virgin Media Ltd's 2021 wages bill. 

I'll wager that although customer bills are linked to inflation and more, VMO2's management won't be indexing the synergy target up like they ought to, otherwise it'd be over £590m.......

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andrew-G 

This is what O2 put out. My O2 account has been moved to this... along with some associated problems 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402#M39424