cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upselling calls 08001836411

RobertHM75
Joining in

What in God's name is going on at Virgin Media sales/marketing?

I've now received THREE calls from 08001836411 essentially trying to upsell services.

I explained to the first person that I was happy with my current service level. I told the second person I did not want to pay anything else on top of my existing monthly subs. I tried to explain all this to the third person just now but she put the phone down!

Does Virgin Media have a customer contact strategy? Does the company not record which customers have been called and the outcomes of such calls? It all seems highly unprofessional.

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

We hang up noisy offshore call centres that make cold calls for any type of service.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi RobertHM75 

If you look in the /Internet_Security there are many examples of spoofed telephone numbers pretending to be VM - it may also be a genuine VM number calling. This is a widespread practice and not just limited to VM.

If you sign into My Virgin Media  then Account Settings > Marketing preferences,  you can untick the check box next to "Sounds good! Keep me up to date" which stops VM contacting you via phone, text message, post and email. Be sure to scroll down and click on Save Changes. It takes up  to 28 days to take effect. This won't however prevent mailshots to "the householder"

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/preferences 

If you have a mobile or sim with VM then you would also have to turn of the marketing in the mobile account by logging into

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login 

My Mobile> My Preferences > marketing

Again that takes up to 28 days to process.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Apparently it is a genuine VM number/call centre. My point is that with a decent CMS any VM or contracted call centre wouldn't be calling a customer three times about the same issue. This shows a lack of proper record keeping and a poor approach to use of customer data.

If you are looking for a coherent, consistent approach to CRM across all of VM's operations then you will be consistently disappointed. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I don't think VM have heard of CRM.  Each department seems to work entirely separately with no way of knowing what other departments are saying or (not)doing. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.